Worst Gig Ever (4 Viewers)

system of a down in the fox theatre sydney, nasty crowd (unlike friendly irish moshers who help you up after they've kicked you down) and about 20 minutes of the singer shouting things like "you are all motherfuckers" at the crowd.

Maybe you have to be 16 to appreciate that sort of thing!?

A few spring to mind. Arab strap at the Shepards Bush Empire a few years ago, god it was awful, I left after about 40 minutes and sat on my own in the pub next door waiting for my mates to come out. The Rub, which admitedly we didn't expect to be any good, was unbelievably awful. Giddy motors this year were pretty terrible.

And of course anytime I see bullets I want to kill myself.

I think ive only ever walked out of a gig once, that was the NME gig couple of years ago when Andrew WK came on the stage(not literally of course). Every song was the same, du du dududu etc, fuckin awful. Scruffy twat too. Looked like a motorway worker.

So you stayed for the Lost Prophets and walked out during Andrew WK? Weird.

thickaspigshit said:
I think ive only ever walked out of a gig once, that was the NME gig couple of years ago when Andrew WK came on the stage(not literally of course). Every song was the same, du du dududu etc, fuckin awful. Scruffy twat too. Looked like a motorway worker.

Bo Selecta I did, they werent very good either but I couldnt stay for 2 crappy bands. Andrew WK actually made me forget about Losties(as theyre probably known), BRMC were best thing of the night as I missed 1st band (Coral I think)

Actually another gig I walked out of was Nimes festival after Muse and Pj harvey, headline was Noir Desir and it was a bit too Le 'mad for it' for my liking. Nobody got pushed down stairs I dont think either.

Ian said:
Pritty much every gig I went to this year was pritty top apart from one where I had to leave early cos they were so shit...]
They are a local band so I'm not going to say who it was...

they are deadly on record buh
Who was it?
Who was it?
Who was it?
Who was it?
Who was it?
Who was it?
Who was it?
Who was it?

i don't like overly negative threads like this, i guess i simply have too much love in my heart to give and try to only look at things positively.

hugh said:
I though this was great! Then again there were 2 Smog gigs in V Street. First one was brilliant (just yer man + guitar player + drummer), second one was pretty boring (he had loads of Tortoise types as his band and it was really dull). I reckon u are talking about the 2nd one Conor ...

who dug up this ould yoke? wellll, it was the first one i was talking about - but i started this thread like 18 months ago - i've sorta mellowed on that particular gig now. it just pissed me off at the time 'cos he was so static and seemed disinterested, but i'd been to 2 or 3 other gigs in quick succession coming up to it so was pretty jaded and not in the mood for an 'intimate' performance like that. i've definitely been to worse/more disappointing gigs before and since. doves in tbmc (sound was atrocious), a silver mt zion in whelans (again sound was shite), zu + guapo in whelans (just not my thing), sure there's loads.

Hugh's right buh... first Smog gig in the street was amazing... the second time was a durty hanky of a gig...

i thought v/vm was deadly! especially when they got pissed off and just started doing harsh noise. i kept cheering.

andrew

pete said:
timely AND controversial: The Ex & The Dog Faced Hermans in the fox & pheasant Shitshitshitshitshit. I'd probably like it now, mind.

or

The Slowest Clock when they played with Fugazi. SHITE. I'd probably murderise them now.
ahh pete, how could you???? what about Dreadful in McGonagles or Antic Hay in the Grattan far worse!!!

engine alley at sir henrys, cork - truly abyssmal

daisy chainsaw at the village, cork - bleedin' brutal

cornershop at nancy spains, cork - i don't think they'd ever actually picked up an instrument before that show, I'd have done a better job and I'm paraplegic!*

* no offence meant!

anyone see that evan dando gig in the olympia? sure it was a great gig..but when he threw the head at someone for clapping early on his last song...everyone left going "eh?". very odd..

Tool at the sfx was cool...although I wanted a seat more than life. moshing gets old after 3 seconds..and so..I didnt.

I cant count the amount of atrocious gigs by local bands that I've hated myself for going to. I walked out of a glen hansard gig cos he started warbling a jeff buckley song into his own..the last straw.

outoftheblue said:
what are you doing at the gig then?

obviously I don't go any more, he used to support acts down here that I'd go to see so I'd end up catching some of his set too unfortunately. Would NEVER pay in to a Glen or Frames headline gig, a fate worse than death I fear.

Smog at Whelans this year: Very boring, very ropey playing.
Cornershop at the Redbox: showed up late played for around 40 minutes, 20 minutes of which was a shitty jammed out version of Julianere shere (or however you spell it)
HGF at the last hoot night ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back