Worst Gig Ever (1 Viewer)

whattt??
the one mike watt was playing bass at?
that was a fantastic gig! made me feel 17 all over again.

kirstie said:
whattt??
the one mike watt was playing bass at?
that was a fantastic gig! made me feel 17 all over again.

I also thought this was deadly. They were making mistakes all over the place but come on.. Mike Watt AND J Mascis!!! .|..|

conor said:
a silver mt zion in whelans (again sound was shite)
i thought this gig was absolutely astonishingly good. in fact, as for sound problems, it's memorable for me because whelans was jammed (i mean, dangerously so) and a.s.m.z. did one song with lyrics and the place went absolutely silent, so silent that you could hear the traffic outside. followed by much clapping and shouting at the end. something i've never seen before or since.

tom. said:
i thought this gig was absolutely astonishingly good. in fact, as for sound problems, it's memorable for me because whelans was jammed (i mean, dangerously so) and a.s.m.z. did one song with lyrics and the place went absolutely silent, so silent that you could hear the traffic outside. followed by much clapping and shouting at the end. something i've never seen before or since.

where i was standing the sound was shite but sure its all swings and roundabouts, and its a game of two halves and all that. ;)
i.e. just my luck to stand somewhere where it sounded like poo.

TESTAROSSA said:
biggest recent let downs by shit i love: black dice. fucking disco faggot shit. hardly even loud.
their whelans gig in may? some of their gear broke onstage that night which i reckon accounted for the lack of intensity.

yeah - what gear broke? i didn't notice anything. it just wasn't loud enough for me. it started off ok but they went into this elongated version of what would become "cone toaster" i was just like "ehhhh". i still like them though - the cone toaster 12'' isn't that bad...the wolf eyes collab is bitchin.

TESTAROSSA said:
yeah - what gear broke? i didn't notice anything. it just wasn't loud enough for me. it started off ok but they went into this elongated version of what would become "cone toaster" i was just like "ehhhh". i still like them though - the cone toaster 12'' isn't that bad...the wolf eyes collab is bitchin.
some fx ceased functioning...I read about it here:
http://www.dosomethingpretty.com/interviews_blackdice.htm
have only heard the fatcat album they did.
Apparently andrew wk was once in wolf eyes!?!

ah right - that'd explain it.
awk isn't properly on any wolf eyes releases i know of or have, but he did a track 'wolf eyes rules' - which they do. it's funny. saw the thing in the wire, wah? :)

andrew

Add Kings of Leon under the sub heading of 'very disappointed'. OK I know the drummer had flu but he looked fine to me(from upper circle) not in a hirsuit way, but they played 60 minutes including encore. Didnt have any interaction with crowd apart for 'we're sick', 'glad to be in dublin' and 'merry christmas'.

Ok I dont want Jonathon Woss as lead singer but at least tell us what the fuck youre up to, that you are intelligent despite lookin like bo and luke duke's strange cousins.

I know the argument would be one album = 40 -50 minutes with added fret wankin but I went to Damien Rice on monday (hallelujah) and he did almost 3 hours, still only the 1 album on his cv tho.

'Spiral staircase'...going down

conor said:
where i was standing the sound was shite but sure its all swings and roundabouts, and its a game of two halves and all that. ;)
i.e. just my luck to stand somewhere where it sounded like poo.
I thought that gig was shit too, and not because of the sound but because of the whole self indulgent 30 minute glockenspiel solo element (I don't think they actually had a glockenspiel). 3 minutes & 3 chords, or you better have a damn good reason, that's what I think anyway.

Oh man, that was a great gig!
Two come to mind. First was the International Noise Conspiracy in SF in 2001, supported by the Hives (who blew them out of the water) and Rival Schools (passable). They spout all this situationist shit and they were just horrendous, all pants and haircuts and studied Rolling Stones rock n roll moves. I left after 15 minutes. Can't even listen to their records after that. They were the antithesis of what they claim to represent.
Second was Boris in Camden. They can't play for shit, and sounded rubbish. And yet everyone was acting like they were some sort of genius. If it was a school band they would have been ignored. Again, had to leave after about 15 minutes.

I think Clap your Hands Say Yeah! was my personal favourite worst gig ever.

Musically it was alright in a boring indie way but that Alec Ounsworth fella may as well have been wearing an 'I am a dickhead' t-shirt. Half the time had his back to the crowd, the rest of the time seemed to be shooting daggers with his eyes at anyone in the band who showed signs of having fun.

Yeah,I find it hard to believe they could suck..

Mos Def in the Village a few years ago. He came on 6 hours late and just did some karaoke shit. Truly appaling.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back