Worst Gig Ever (3 Viewers)

snap-apple

Supporter
Since 2000
smog in vicar st. - bloody awful, one of only two or three gigs i've left early.

FUN LONIN CRIMINALS - in Galway Green Energy festival 2 years ago - had a bit of trouble with some detectives on the way in - and the sound was shite - drinkin piss out of a plastic cup - and only Marlboro reds on sale, not a decent smoke to be got....
Still and all - the rest of the weekend ruled.....

Clinic - Lee's Palace - 02

played for 45 minutes and fucked off.seemed like it was just a job to them.
they're still good though

Tool in the SFX last summer. I was tempted to leave, everyone else thought it was great but it pissed me off totally.

If you want to really scrape the bottom of the barrel just go to a garagelands or gigcity gig. You won't leave..you'll have found a way to kill yourself by the time you reach the door.

I get really physically upset when I'm at a gig I'm hating....

I went to see ron sexsmith...

the fucker came on at 10.30

the crowd were audibly angry at the 20 minute wait after the support

he played for 35 minutes and was gone....

but, though I like his writing, I was gone earlier...he was boring me to sleep.

it was the TBMC as well...never a very pleasent place to be.

rumpus said:
I get really physically upset when I'm at a gig I'm hating....

I went to see ron sexsmith...

the fucker came on at 10.30

the crowd were audibly angry at the 20 minute wait after the support

he played for 35 minutes and was gone....

but, though I like his writing, I was gone earlier...he was boring me to sleep.

it was the TBMC as well...never a very pleasent place to be.

Hey rumpus - how are things?

Toss up between Gold Chains at the music centre, Cat Power in whelans and maybe Mike Scott in the Olympia a couple of years back.

timely AND controversial: The Ex & The Dog Faced Hermans in the fox & pheasant Shitshitshitshitshit. I'd probably like it now, mind.

or

The Slowest Clock when they played with Fugazi. SHITE. I'd probably murderise them now.

wu tang in america
worst crowd ever
wu tang were on top form and an irish crowd would have went bollixtic
"your momma aint shit ,your daddy aint shit..."bobby d ,it should have tore the roof off

Pritty much every gig I went to this year was pritty top apart from one where I had to leave early cos they were so shit...]
They are a local band so I'm not going to say who it was...

they are deadly on record buh

conor said:
smog in vicar st. - bloody awful, one of only two or three gigs i've left early.

I though this was great! Then again there were 2 Smog gigs in V Street. First one was brilliant (just yer man + guitar player + drummer), second one was pretty boring (he had loads of Tortoise types as his band and it was really dull). I reckon u are talking about the 2nd one Conor ...

Can't think of what the worst gig I was ever at was ..... the really annoying ones are the ones by people you think are going to be good but dissapoint ... I went to see Ocean Colour Scene in the Olympia a few years back (don't ask), I knew it would be shite and of course it was so that doesn't really count. On the other hand I thought June of 44 would be good and I ended up wanting to throw things at the stage by the end of the night ...... it's all pretty much dependent on mood though. I reckon if I saw 'em on another night in a different mindset I might have enjoyed it. Worst gig I was at recently was by a well-known local singer-songwriter type who I won't name but lots of people here would know him and its not Kittser. Yuck yuck.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back