World Cup (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter boy
  • Start date
  • Replies 54
  • Views 4K
  • Watchers 1
we had the whole school crammed into the tiny hall which is the size of a crayon and we watched the whole match and 2 seconds before the goal the reception broke :mad: :mad: :mad:

it came back then and the screaming was so so loud that all my little kids started to cry :p

great fun ...

Originally posted by pee pee
didn't the german goal keeper look like eamon sweeney?

(we *were* playing against germany, right?)

me and binbky was saying that.
and i've never seen the two of them in the same room. have you?

I'm sad that Keano II didn't get a chance to finish his Roger Milla after the goal, what with being swamped by amorous team mates.

Speaking of, did you know the famous lion himself now plays with Mission of Burma? Really. No word of a lie.

it looks like footie has been banned from my work. they took away our TV

OUR TV

Originally posted by Syb
We're doing a betting pool type thing in my office and we each choose 2 teams and i got France and Tunisia......

1. Tunisia, i dont mean to sound ignorant but never even HEARD of it cept their football team SUX

2. France, yea, theyre good and all but they lost their first game to some 3rd world country.....ehhh

looks like ive just lost out on €300 dernit! just my luck right?

Syb am I wrong in suspecting you are american?
Amarica of course being the country with the lowest standard of education on the planet...

I may be a bad speller, but at least get it together with your geography love...

"I can buy you, I can buy your house, and your family. You were a
dickhead player and you're the same as a coach."
- Slovenia playmaker Zlatko Zahovic, now sent home.

goddam firewall!

I just know that's something hot, and I so want to see it!

oh and, yes Conor, it does mean that, IF there's a draw betwixt the Germans and the Cameroonians (?). If there's not, that's even better, we'll qualify regardless of goal difference (and by "we" I mean "they" of course, ahem)

check out the live running commentary at ireland.com for matches, it's funny sometimes

eg

"37': Abreu collides with Barthez while attempting to reach Recoba's ball .... they square up to each other ... a bit of mean eye-ball action ... all a bit boring ... if they're really angry, why don't they use their fists? "

Henry got sent off after 30 minutes!

Football Unlimited is good for that too.

"Holland punts a ball upfield and into what appears to be a parallel universe, where Kevin Kilbane is able to beat his man and deliver a decent cross into the box. Sadly, despite these strange events, Kahn once again beats Keane to the ball and normality is restored."

Fine sentiments, chief.
I have €10 on them at 7/1.
But if Ireland manage to beat them Saudis, they'll be most likely pitted against the Spaniards. This doesn't bode well.
If, by some bizarre stretch of imagination, Ireland cause me to lose my tenner in the 2nd round, there could be an easier quarter final game against the likes of South Korea, Mexico or the US.
Then we can be trounced soundly in a grudge match against the Eyeties in the semis.
Still think the money on the Spaniards might be a good idea, though.

Originally posted by old
Fine sentiments, chief.
I have €10 on them at 7/1.
But if Ireland manage to beat them Saudis, they'll be most likely pitted against the Spaniards. This doesn't bode well.
If, by some bizarre stretch of imagination, Ireland cause me to lose my tenner in the 2nd round, there could be an easier quarter final game against the likes of South Korea, Mexico or the US.
Then we can be trounced soundly in a grudge match against the Eyeties in the semis.
Still think the money on the Spaniards might be a good idea, though.

As Vinnie is fond of saying, the Spaniards are bottlers.
They fear success. Just like the Portugese. We got real good chance of taking them shits...and you can't argue cuz I saved your double bass pedal. Ha.

the spaniards will win zip.
i mean, come on. over due some sucess? like, say , england?
laughable sentiments. you're fired, old. fired.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back