Women caused the credit crunch (2 Viewers)

My only issue with that stupid article is one of quality-control. Be funny, not a watered-down Kevin Myers/John Waters wannabe. Boooooooring. Satire should be good and interesting and that is not. Eat the poor! Eat the rich! In heaven even the tone-deaf sing, making heaven a truly terrible eternal prospect! Etc.

normally i'd give out at you for saying that

http://www.thumped.com/bbs/showpost.php?p=1181896&postcount=49

but yeah, that article is pretty weak

another point that should be made is petrol use by women. women spend far longer on the road as they can't read maps, hence use a lot more petrol, driving up the price, which has its part in the global recession. also, when women get annoyed and irrational, they release oestrogen particles that are 20 times as potent a greenhouse gas as co2, which will lead to runaway bride global warming.

personally I welcome the 7% 'Knickers and Make Up' levy the goverenment are brining in to counter this, at last the guilty are paying the cost

I reckon a total ban on knickers and make-up is the only way to salvage the economy

After-Marilyn-Monroe.jpg

Hair dryers, GHDs and all that shit we put in our hair are also major contributary factors to global warming. Women should be banned altogether.

I'd like to see the rest of you satirise women as effectively. Maybe the ladies out there will take this article as a jump-off point for some earnest reflection.

The complaint letters in the paper today are woefully unfunny.

I'm writing my own.

They will never print it.

They might print it if you say that your husband helped you write it.

I know at least two women who didn't cause the credit crunch, so it's not fair to tar everyone with the same klu-klux clan analogy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back