women bursting into tears at work and making me feel uncomfortable. (2 Viewers)

wow, what a sure fire way to rocket up the promotions ladder.

jesus, it's so unprofessional to cry in work, you just can't do it and expect to be taken seriously. I have excused myself to go and sit in the loos and snivel a couple of times though. But no one knew about that.

Yeah, unsuprisingly she didn't make it through probation. It was impossible to take her seriously. Actually, saw trailers for some stupid reality show that reminded me a lot of her... "Princess somethingorother?"

If I turn 41 and find myself crying in work I think it will be "Falling Down" time...

either that or join a hippy commune in Roscommon time

both of which spell m.i.d.l.i.f.e.c.r.i.s.i.s

Totally. Poor thing though.

My binting manager has just gone on extended leave for stress!!!!! She's gone on leave! What about all her subordinates who either resigned, had near nervos or have constant back and neck pain from stress (me) caused by her. Fucking bitch swans off on sick leave and yet again we have to clean up her mess!! NO JUSTICE.

once in a place I worked, they set up a shelf with books on it

they called it "the library"

I told this girl that she should be the librarian, as she was already heading towards being an old maid

she burst into tears

turns out she had just broken up with her boyfriend or something

I bought her a lollipop

Yeah, unsuprisingly she didn't make it through probation. It was impossible to take her seriously. Actually, saw trailers for some stupid reality show that reminded me a lot of her... "Princess somethingorother?"

That's exactly what I thought when I read your post. Princess Nikki is the name of the programme featuring Nikki from the last big brother. Didn't watch it though but saw a clip for it. It looked AMAZING. !zed

Oh dear.
once in a place I worked, they set up a shelf with books on it

they called it "the library"

I told this girl that she should be the librarian, as she was already heading towards being an old maid

she burst into tears

turns out she had just broken up with her boyfriend or something

I bought her a lollipop

Jesus lads, some women get upset and break down, what's the big deal?

I've only done it once, years ago when I was a student having but up with some fairly shocking bullying from my boss. OK I took myself off to the loos but it's kind of obvious when you've been crying. And it's embarrassing. You feel like a silly wee girly. Sometimes it can't be helped.

Another place I worked at my male boss started crying.

That's exactly what I thought when I read your post. Princess Nikki is the name of the programme featuring Nikki from the last big brother. Didn't watch it though but saw a clip for it. It looked AMAZING. !zed

That's the one. I saw the trailer, thought 'I've seen that in real life - no thanks' and decided that tv gets worse by the week.

Jesus lads, some women get upset and break down, what's the big deal?

I've only done it once, years ago when I was a student having but up with some fairly shocking bullying from my boss. OK I took myself off to the loos but it's kind of obvious when you've been crying. And it's embarrassing. You feel like a silly wee girly. Sometimes it can't be helped.

I agree. I think the negative attitude towards it comes from the competitive, stressful and non-emotional culture of the workplace.

In my last job, I worked with all women, and it was (I know this sounds very stereotypical) a really nurturing environment. We were all very 'in touch' with how we felt, and I had a really good relationship with the girls as a result of that. As a manager, i had to know when to leave emotions to the side, but it was great that people could be honest about how they felt, without feeling bad. My manager was great at knowing when to let someone take five minutes upstairs to compose themselves, or when to ignore the waterworks.

In my last job, I worked with all women, and it was (I know this sounds very stereotypical) a really nurturing environment. We were all very 'in touch' with how we felt, and I had a really good relationship with the girls as a result of that. As a manager, i had to know when to leave emotions to the side, but it was great that people could be honest about how they felt, without feeling bad. My manager was great at knowing when to let someone take five minutes upstairs to compose themselves, or when to ignore the waterworks.

I work with all women and sometimes it can be bitchy but yeah, they're not going to act weird if you get a bit upset.

Actually I can remember another time I cried at work - my mum phoned me to say that my nan had only a few days to live. So, Rampz, sometimes we don't always do it to make you feel uncomfortable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back