women bursting into tears at work and making me feel uncomfortable. (1 Viewer)

Do you know what I hate - women who conspicuously display little vials of that Rescue Remedy shit on their desk - someone explain that to me.

As soon as they are asked to do something they don't like or have the depth and bredth of their uselessness explained to them they glance at the bottle with trembling lips as if they want to run out the door and chug the whole thing back.

Rescue remedy has alcohol in it which is why it chills you out a bit apparently It's a slippery slope - in a few years time these women will be hiding gin bottles in the toilet cistern, you mark my words.

Annnddd??? She could have endometriosis or fibroids or something.

Yeah. There was a chick in work who used to writhe around on the floor when she had her period.
Like, at the start, I was all, nervously looking around, and making vauge gestures of assistance. No interest at all. Just more writheing. I even asked her after, and she said no no, she just needed a bit of a lie down, and shes fine after a minute or so.

So, I just learned to ignore it.
Then one day the department head comes in giving a guided tour of the facility, just as I am stepping over her, making sure I dont spill my coffee, having an animated chat with the new Italian guy about bikes, the head sees the whole scene.
I quickly note the look of horror on everyones faces, and realise that this could look bad for me. (The dept head already caught me rolling my eyes when she thought there should be "more women on computers in the group photo".) So, I try to explain that the girl on the floor was grand. I was about to tell her I didnt touch her, but I thought that would only make things worse.

So, the head asks yer one on the ground, who mumbles some fairly rough sounding chinese at her.

In the mean time, I exited stage left.

Awkward.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back