Wills, got one? (1 Viewer)

I'll do one up when I have something worthwhile to leave.
I don't care how I'm disposed of, and certainly wouldn't impose myself on the funeral, which should be conducted in whatever way one's family or loved ones see fit.

Can a Thumped post be considered a last will and testament?

yes

If so, who wants my small collection of racist anthropology/ethnology books? I'll throw in a 19th-century slang dictionary and a bunch of Victorian 'duties of woman' stuff, and my book on the apparition of Our Lady of Knock.

Me, please.

Mr Jane will want to keep the shrieking chimpanzee head, but he has always hated my Kiss nesting dolls, so probably someone can have those as well. To remember me by.

I declare that I am sound.

Jane.

Yeah, i'll allow that. This is legally binding under the thumped user agreement.

Score.

Making a will should be something you do at a major (financial) crossroads in your life, such at getting married/divorced or buying a house. I haven't managed to buy a house yet and so have not bothered making a will.

Your will doesn't actually contain any directions for what stuff you want to happen/music to be played at your funeral. You know that right?

I bought a will in Easons a few years back.Grand yoke.Its easy to fill out and you just stick it in a drawer and wait for it to come good.

i wouldn't mind being fired off into space so a few billion years in the future, some rad aliens could clone me and start the human race again, consisting entirely of froog variants.

Just throw me in the Liffey lads and delete my thumped account.
fuck, the liffey!!! what if your body was caught on an old buggy? the towny kids would throw stones at you all day and drunk students would try to piss on you all night:eek::eek:

How long after people die are wills usually read? And what happens if there's no will?

it depends on how the person died. If its a 'conventional' type death then it can happen quite quickly. The solicitor will apply for a grant of probate, and as soon as that comes through the will can be 'read'.

If the person died in an unnatural way (definition of 'unnatural' is that the death will require a cause to be determined by a coroner - typically in the coroner's court), it can take longer. A will cannot be read until the cause of death is determined.

I think. I had to go through this shite once. I can't remember the details. Most people can't. Its a bit of a total mindfuck to have to deal with legal red tape like this while also trying to come to terms with grief. Its a load of bollocks really.

it depends on how the person died. If its a 'conventional' type death then it can happen quite quickly. The solicitor will apply for a grant of probate, and as soon as that comes through the will can be 'read'.

If the person died in an unnatural way (definition of 'unnatural' is that the death will require a cause to be determined by a coroner - typically in the coroner's court), it can take longer. A will cannot be read until the cause of death is determined.

I think. I had to go through this shite once. I can't remember the details. Most people can't. Its a bit of a total mindfuck to have to deal with legal red tape like this while also trying to come to terms with grief. Its a load of bollocks really.

PS: What a cheery 5,000th post by me :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back