Wills, got one? (3 Viewers)

Jill Hives

Once Removed
Supporter
Contributor
Solutions
Website
25.media.tumblr.com
Odd conversation to have over pints in Grogan's yesterday but nevertheless, any one got a will? Do you know what you want done with your body when you die? Do you have anything you'd like to leave for someone?

Personally, I'd like them to use anything of mine they can then cremate me. The only thing that semi freaks me out is someone having my eyes but hell, I'd be dead. No need for any service just sprinkle me out on Sheeps Head.

I don't have anything I'd like to leave behind for someone but the whole life gem thing kinda makes me laugh. I could be a ring or a key chain charm.

Anyone know what happens to your online accounts? Can a family member ask for your password to your e-mail? The paranoid bit of me wonders about this.... anyone know?

I'm thinking I should make a will. You?

I've it planned that if I ever should die suddenly my brother will log into my account on Facebook/Bebo/Thumped etc and post something saying "Guess Who's Back!" just to scare the shite out of everyone. That's about as far as any 'will' goes though..

Eh only thing i've really said is that Kernkraft 400 is being played as the coffin is coming out of the church. Ive made this known to my brother and friends.

Even had it written on my bebo. Well I suppose, this is if I die before my parents, if not, it wont be in a church.

Eh only thing i've really said is that Kernkraft 400 is being played as the coffin is coming out of the church. Ive made this known to my brother and friend.

You want zombie nation being blared as you get buried? Amazing. I guess I should tell someone I don't want a church service, I don't think my parents know I haven't been a Catholic in years..

I keep meaning to get one but have been putting it off, the big issue for me is what happens to my daughter if i die young, my parents would be best but her dad might try to take her, which is a terrifying idea. I'm not too sure of legalities either, so my wishes (and her best interests) probably wont count for a whole lot agaist a biological parent.

You want zombie nation being blared as you get buried? Amazing. I guess I should tell someone I don't want a church service, I don't think my parents know I haven't been a Catholic in years..

Yeah, i'm not catholic, my parents know that. Just added it in there, they would still bury me the catholic way.

I want a sky burial. They can take any bits of me that are usuable and let the vultures have the rest.
And i want my skull to be made into a flowerpot.

after a death in the family last year, it got me to thinking about writing some stuff down, just in case - but then i was afeared I'd be tempting fate or some shit. and to have to actually sit and write that kind of stuff down is a little morbid.

if i do, it's only to stress what kind of music i want played.

I keep meaning to get one but have been putting it off, the big issue for me is what happens to my daughter if i die young, my parents would be best but her dad might try to take her, which is a terrifying idea. I'm not too sure of legalities either, so my wishes (and her best interests) probably wont count for a whole lot agaist a biological parent.

Can't you appoint a legal guardian in the event of your death? I dunno, [some people I know*] were the designated guardians of someone's kid because the dad was too dangerous. But then, the guy was known to the courts, and was basically so dangerous that if the mother did die, it would most likely be at his hands. So maybe they were a special case?

I don't have a will. I don't own anything except 'stuff'. Nothing is worth much, but Mr Jane would probably keep a bunch and give the rest away.

Can a Thumped post be considered a last will and testament? If so, who wants my small collection of racist anthropology/ethnology books? I'll throw in a 19th-century slang dictionary and a bunch of Victorian 'duties of woman' stuff, and my book on the apparition of Our Lady of Knock. Willing to negotiate for the ships in bottles.

Mr Jane will want to keep the shrieking chimpanzee head, but he has always hated my Kiss nesting dolls, so probably someone can have those as well. To remember me by.

I declare that I am sound.

Jane.

The idea of being a cadaver for medical students has a slight appeal too.

pathology_ver5.jpg

i doubt you can leave children in a will. wills are for possessions.

as far as I know the executor of your will is also the person who takes responsibility for your children.

so, whereas you can't leave anyone your kids, the act of making a will and appointing an executor, expresses your wishes in that regard.

i certainly don't think the executor has any duties towards the children.
anyway, a will cannot trump the law. AFAIK, you cannot refuse custody of a child to its natural parent by dint of what you say in your will; your will cannot do something in your death which is not in your power to do while you're alive.

Parents of a child can designate who they wish to be the legal guardian in the case of their deaths. The father COULD attempt to contest it in the courts, but he'd have a difficult case to prove if he's had limited contact with the child or imput into its life so far.

http://pdfmenot.com/view/http://www.treoir.ie/pdfs/guardianship.pdf

The parents of my best friend when I was a child asked my parents to become guardians for their three girls if anything happened to them. We thought it would be hilarious to suddenly be 'sisters'

I don't have a will, actually, as far as I know my parents don't have a current will. Hilarious really.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back