will ireland be a real basket case again? (1 Viewer)

hould on till i change me pyjamas, the old ones got burned when I was torching my neighbours kids...

in fairness though, although that article had more than a little overdramatic shadden-wotsit, the basic take home message is correct. ireland=fucked.
petrol bombing kids in your pyjamas for spare change to buy a solitary teabag. you couldn't make it up!

The Celtic Tiger became a basket case. We're now just on an inevitable come down. It depresses me that some people only want to live in an Ireland that resembles the madness of the past decade.

The Celtic Tiger became a basket case. We're now just on an inevitable come down. It depresses me that some people only want to live in an Ireland that resembles the madness of the past decade.

good point.

mind you I did pick up a cop of the irish times over here yesterday and there was an article on the explosion of interest in growing organic food, allotments and brewing beer at home. this sounds good to me.

good point.

mind you I did pick up a cop of the irish times over here yesterday and there was an article on the explosion of interest in growing organic food, allotments and brewing beer at home. this sounds good to me.

there's also an increase in anti-immigrant attitudes and snitching on welfare cheats

so, normal service resumes i suppose

i've prepared a few metphors that can be used to describe modern ireland in politics.ie, boards.ie and the independant.

a snot nosed kid who found a bag of gummy bears, only to have them eaten by his pet chinchilla.

a badger that just did a massive shit and proudly sat next to it, only to die of TB.

a lovingly restored racer bike that just got robbed and thrown in the liffey by some fucking finglas scum.

a youtube video of a cat falling off a table that got a million views, and now is linked in an ironic fashion.

a youtube video of a cat falling off a table that got a million views, and now is linked in an ironic fashion.

This description is like a whole nation looking deeply into the mirror of truth x 1 billion.

@Broken Arm, I'd take any articles in the IT about an explosion of interest in growing organic food with a pinch of salt. That paper lost its way many moons ago.

This description is like a whole nation looking deeply into the mirror of truth x 1 billion.

@Broken Arm, I'd take any articles in the IT about an explosion of interest in growing organic food with a pinch of salt. That paper lost its way many moons ago.

aye, without the trusty steward-ship of kevin myers theves lost their way...

this recession is very retro, the housemates have started saving the grease from one fry to the next and everything. it's like being back in roscommon.

at least another potato blight can't effect us, what with our reliance on bacon double cheeseburgers and chicken tikka.

That's not a very post boom return to the real Ireland attitude there mister

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back