Who can you trust? (1 Viewer)

Not quite. I think people treat you differently based on what they know about you. Power might be too strong a word.

Like I had this girl ask me about my dating status, which I said I was taking a break from the whole thing. Then later I decided to join an online dating yoke. She sees me on there and goes ballistic with me about being dishonest. Like who fecking needs that?

Not quite. I think people treat you differently based on what they know about you. Power might be too strong a word.

Oh yeah, for sure.

Heidegger (who I don't pretend to HALF understand BTW) has a whole thing about this, basically saying in a very round-about way that people don't even exist on their own, all that exists is their relationship with each other. Like, the relationship is all there is -that action - it's not between two separate objects. It's all high falutin fun.

Like I had this girl ask me about my dating status, which I said I was taking a break from the whole thing. Then later I decided to join an online dating yoke. She sees me on there and goes ballistic with me about being dishonest. Like who fecking needs that?

No one, what is her deal? Is she new to people? "I changed my mind"

btw it's a pretty vague question @7 - No tomorrow Trust to do what? Keep a secret? Not judge you?

I guess both.
I was just ruminating on a somewhat minor issue and started to wonder who could keep a secret on something if it was a big deal.

I suppose I want some kind of Snapchat friend.
Maybe I should drive two towns over and find a bartender.

does anyone here think they'd be the kind of person who could keep a secret or something they were asked not to relay onwards?

I reckon I am anyway. (*)

* might post about it on thumped but that doesnt count

As if a bartender wouldn't bring it up again?
People relate to people based on what they know about one another.
I bring stuff up people told me the next time they come in because it shows I remember them and makes a connection.
I'd say a prostitute is your best bet.

Do you really not have any friend you can trust?

"This is a secret, do not tell anyone (well OK your other half is a given)."

People aren't so bad...

I don't think it'd be cool to put someone in a situation where they can't tell their husband/wife/whatever. I dunno, I don't really keep friends who think it's ok to hang someone over a cliff with their secrets.

Oh yeah, for sure.

Heidegger (who I don't pretend to HALF understand BTW) has a whole thing about this, basically saying in a very round-about way that people don't even exist on their own, all that exists is their relationship with each other. Like, the relationship is all there is -that action - it's not between two separate objects. It's all high falutin fun.

I suppose that's an argument connected to the notion that given there is only a certain amount of matter in the universe, and that it has always existed, and what makes us will eventually make something else then we are not really just ourselves, we're everything.

I suppose that's an argument connected to the notion that given there is only a certain amount of matter in the universe, and that it has always existed, and what makes us will eventually make something else then we are not really just ourselves, we're everything.
KEEP YOUR SCIENCE OUT OF MY PHILOSOPHY.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back