Who can you trust? (1 Viewer)

But what about ongoing personal issues that you need to talk out but you'd rather the world not know.

Its particular to my disease but these days i dump things like that in the support group, which is a 'safe space' as such, in that there is a mutual agreement that what happens in it stays in it. I suppose support groups in that sense are trust groups.

Its particular to my disease but these days i dump things like that in the support group, which is a 'safe space' as such, in that there is a mutual agreement that what happens in it stays in it. I suppose support groups in that sense are trust groups.

Great to have them.

Hey, has the internet helped to form these things?

Or do you even remember before the internet?

Great to have them.

Hey, has the internet helped to form these things?

Or do you even remember before the internet?

Yes it has. Before the internet I attended the group twice a year and that was the only time i'd really talk about all the like scary stuff that goes on with the disease. Nowadays there is a continuing ongoing online thing going on and even if you aren't talking about yourself you'll see other people experiencing the same which is nearly as 'good'.

Before the internet it was about 40 people involved. Its around 250 now and I get about 1 email a month from people who've been wandering about dealing with it alone, who i direct to the group.

Its just a private facebook page, nothing fancy.

The way it always was before we all lost the run of ourselves with sharing and feelings and constantly wondering if we were happy or not!
Communication doesn't need to be like a Dr. Phil shit show. However, not talking because one doesn't trust anyone other than themselves borderlines on paranoia. Plus it doesn't allow anyone in their life to have faults thus setting oneself up for a life of loneliness and unhappiness. No need to constantly wonder so!

Communication doesn't need to be like a Dr. Phil shit show. However, not talking because one doesn't trust anyone other than themselves borderlines on paranoia. Plus it doesn't allow anyone in their life to have faults thus setting oneself up for a life of loneliness and unhappiness. No need to constantly wonder so!

Information is power. Telling someone something about yourself is to give them power over you.

Seriously?
Sometimes you make me sad.

Of course. Everyone knows that.

A friend of mine excitedly told her co-workers she was going on an internet date. Then the guy stands her up and she has everyone texting her the next morning asking how it's going.
I think in that situation she should have said nothing. Control the story.

Every time you tell someone something, you're making a hostage to fortune.

Of course. Everyone knows that.

A friend of mine excitedly told her co-workers she was going on an internet date. Then the guy stands her up and she has everyone texting her the next morning asking how it's going.
I think in that situation she should have said nothing. Control the story.

Every time you tell someone something, you're making a hostage to fortune.
Okay, that's completely different to self harming or what ever else you mentioned above. I wouldn't tell co-workers anything like that, well, I suppose now I do but only because she's also my bestie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back