Where can I find Noam Chomsky's views on the war? (1 Viewer)

its not current, but there's a book called "understanding power : the essential chomsky" and its incredible, i'm reading about libya at the moment, eerie similarities to whats going on at the moment.

there's also a little book on media/propaganda, not sure what its called, can you remember conor ?

for the most up to date essays try

www.zmag.org and choose the z-net option.
There's a whole section devoted to the old man. The last couple of things he's written have been all around the theme of empire, andthere are some good interviews on the site. Otherwise there's a new video out on G-7 records.

try www.medialens.org as well and an archive search on the guardian website.

Originally posted by coraline

there's also a little book on media/propaganda, not sure what its called, can you remember conor ?

It's probably the seven stories press pamphlet called "Media Control: The spectacular achievements of propaganda" Isbn: 1-888363-49-5, because "Manufacturing Consent" is not a little book at all...

Originally posted by coraline

the one i read was a wee thing called Media Control. Most of it is oldish but some post Sept. 11th stuff. Nothing on this war though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back