What you been listening to this week? (1 Viewer)

Wayne Kramer and the Pink Fairies -cocaine blues LP
Buffalo Tom-let me come over LP
Buffalo Tom-big red letter day cd
The Rezillos-cant stand the rezillos LP
Loop- arc lite 12"
Motörhead- bad magic LP
Stöner- boogie to Baja lp

The Associates - Sulk CD
And other various bits and pieces

Lately I'm trying to listen to one or two albums through the week.
Things I haven't listened to much and try to "absorb them"
It seems to be more difficult as you get older, to really know albums.
Brain is almost full.

Last edited:
Skinhead-everything was beautiful and nothing hurt LP
Brad Marino-looking for trouble LP
Atavistic-retrospective 2xlp
Red Hare - little acts of destruction LP
The Hellacopters-grande rock LP
Big Boys- wreck collection lp

Wayne Kramer and the Pink Fairies -cocaine blues LP
Krunch-vi kåm prån tmbrå,vi LP
Systematic Death-the moon watches LP
Systematic Death-40th anniversary 7"
Heresy-thanks! 7"
The Replacements-pleased to meet me lp
Motörhead-no sleep at all lp

Listened to the new Smile album, it didn't grab me at all. In fact I disliked it.

Am supposed to be seeing them on Thursday. Anyone want to buy a ticket?

I've heard a load of tunes here and there and I've no energy for it. It kinda get that it's probably fun for them, but that said by reputation they are just gonna walk into a load of high profile gigs without having to have communal sense of ambition that formed radiohead.

I'm getting a million ads for it, looks like a low seller.

I've heard a load of tunes here and there and I've no energy for it. It kinda get that it's probably fun for them, but that said by reputation they are just gonna walk into a load of high profile gigs without having to have communal sense of ambition that formed radiohead.

I'm getting a million ads for it, looks like a low seller.

You've made me think of what Graham Norton said about starting his novel writing career, and the books have been quite well received, herself's mother likes them.

Something about how he knows how lucky he was to be a well known person so he was approached to try a novel, and he really enjoys doing them, but if he was some nobody he'd have never put in the effort to write one because it is hard work and loads of people have to do it without knowing if it'll get published.

FWIW I'm a big Radiohead fan, and I thought the first Smile record was really good. My take on this band is that Yorke and Johnny Greenwood are more into the idea of still doing loadsamusic than the other 3 are.

FWIW I'm a big Radiohead fan, and I thought the first Smile record was really good. My take on this band is that Yorke and Johnny Greenwood are more into the idea of still doing loadsamusic than the other 3 are.
I've a mild theory that radiohead sorta stopped making sense to Yorke as his relationship with that lady ended. I don't know anyone involved at any level

Mohammad Syfkhan - I am Kurdish CD (2024)
Ennio Morricone - The Humanoid LP (1979)
Isolation As Cult / Sidetracked split LP (2023)
Dave Phillips - The Hermeneutics of Fear of God 12" (Suisse noise artist 2003 reworking his 80's grindcore tracks)
Silicone Prairie - My Life On The Silicone Prairie Vol. 1 LP (2021)
B.R.B. - Die Legendaren Virtuosen CD (German early-mid 90's noisecore reissue. Still sounds cool)
Brigada Do Odio - s/t LP (2021 Sao Paulo noise grind discography 1984-2000's)
Genital Masticator - Me Voy a Cagar El Tu Puta Modre LP (2021 reissue of 90's noisecore demo)
Neuroot - Macht Kaput Wass Euch Kaput Wass LP (reissue of 1983 Dutch HC demo)
Le Scrawl - Too Short to Ignore LP (90's discography of Berlin grindcore jazz band)
Wire - Kidney Bingos (1988)

You've made me think of what Graham Norton said about starting his novel writing career, and the books have been quite well received, herself's mother likes them.

Something about how he knows how lucky he was to be a well known person so he was approached to try a novel, and he really enjoys doing them, but if he was some nobody he'd have never put in the effort to write one because it is hard work and loads of people have to do it without knowing if it'll get published.

Sorta the same vibe from Anthony Bourdain (from his reddit AMA years ago)

1709671609546.png

Sir Richard Bishop - the Freak of Araby LP
Kate Bush - the Kick Inside LP
Lou Reed - New York LP
Zen Guerrilla - Positronic Raygun LP
The Police - Synchronicity LP
Pharaoh Sanders - Pharoah LP
Whipping Boy - Heartworm LP
The Wild Tchoupitoulas - S/T LP

Donavan - Open Road LP. This album is so criminally underrated. I think Donovan was written off as hippie-lite? It’s a shame as this is a flawless musical piece, and I’d urge people to put their preconceptions aside and give it a go. Poke at the Pope was also I think quite revolutionary for its time.

“Get on your bike and do what you like.”

I've been using that DJ option on Spotify at work and it both confuses me and makes me laugh sometimes.

Yesterday it said, "we're gonna play some tunes from your youth..." and I was like, oh cool. First song was by Fine Young Cannibals' and then it proceeded with a bunch of songs/artists I have literally never heard of...none of which I dug sadly. Then it was..."let's go to your normal Monday vibe" which ended up being Ringo Star. Is Ringo Star my Monday vibe? I'm not sure but I do love him.

It often plays music I sleep to, or try to sleep to....one would think they would see the time played and know it's white noise type stuff. That said, Spotify totally wants me to listen to River Whyless though, constantly comes up.

The DJ is like company at work.

Neil Young-american stars and bars LP
Neil Young-re act or lp
Crosby,Stills,Nash & Young-4 way street 2x LP
Headcleaners- disinfection 7"
Graven Image-studio sessions 82 LP
Gary Moore- run for cover LP
Spermbirds-common thread lp

Poison Idea - War All the Time LP (1987)
Poison Idea - Record Collectors are Pretentious Assholes LP (1984 reissue)
Poison - Sons of Evil LP (1984 demo reissue of German proto black/death metal)
Masonna - Vestal Spacy Ritual LP (2023 reissue of 90's Japanese noise CD on Alchemy)

The War All the Time LP was on the other Alchemy Records, the one from the SF Bay Area circa 1986-89 that released first Melvins, Neurosis LPs. It was run by painter Victor Hayden (RIP) who was a cousin of Beefheart and appeared on Trout Mask Replica under the name The Mascara Snake

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back