What was the first gig you ever went to?? (3 Viewers)

I always dreamed of bikini kill reforming and that'd be my first gig! but. no. I was a late bloomer when it came to gigs and concerts so 2005 was my year of firsts.

First concert: greenday last year at the point. I didn't really like Greenday prior but leaving the point... I was loathing them.

First DIY gig: april basta, immediatly after the crapness of greenday I was shocked that there was something way more enjoyable for 4 euro! DIY luv:heart::heart::heart:

First riot grrrl gig: Sleater-kinney in august, i'd waited years for this to happen, my parents bribed me sixty euro not to go. well s-k, they blew my fuckin mind. woo

Eoddy Gorilla said:
Green Day were amazing.

i concur. from time to time i get a song from the first or second album stuck in my head even though i haven't listened to them in a long, long time.

trianglegrrrl said:
I always dreamed of bikini kill reforming and that'd be my first gig! but. no. I was a late bloomer when it came to gigs and concerts so 2005 was my year of firsts.

First concert: greenday last year at the point. I didn't really like Greenday prior but leaving the point... I was loathing them.

First DIY gig: april basta, immediatly after the crapness of greenday I was shocked that there was something way more enjoyable for 4 euro! DIY luv:heart::heart::heart:

First riot grrrl gig: Sleater-kinney in august, i'd waited years for this to happen, my parents bribed me sixty euro not to go. well s-k, they blew my fuckin mind. woo
Are you twelve? My fist gig was some shite in the Dandolien Market Circa 1980ish...

First gig was Prince, in the RDS, in '92.

First real gig (as in i wanted to go to), was JJ72 in '00.

:p

first gig for me punk rock wise was hellbastard in mcgonagles in dublin bleedin yonks ago. by jinky, i was shittin it!

Cormcolash said:
Why did you not want to go and see Prince? Prince is fuckin amazing!

Its not that i didn't want to see him, it was more that i didn't have a choice.

I was 2.

.|..| MEATLOAF.|..|

My Da brought me, when I was about eight or nine. It was in the Point Depot. More fukkin' pyrotechnics than you could shake a stick at!! In the middle of the gig, some long haired guy came out to the stage with a strat, played this bitchin' solo...and thats how I got into playing the guitar...

...still working ion that bitchin' solo though:eek:

Gambra said:
Em first mainsteam concert: Ozzfest 2002 (w/TOOL & SYSTEM OF A DOWN!!)

Was that the one where ozzy didn't turn up? Slayer played? Toolfest more like. I was at that.
It was the first and only time I saw someone in real life wearing an 'I'm with stupid' t-shirt.
I vaguely remember sitting on the ground stratecially placing banana peels and waiting for metalers to slip on them.

I think my first gigs were all diyish gigs, 1996 I'd say in the da club maybe or that one in the broken down barn-like thing where the project theatre is now. With the aspestos and the holes in the ceiling. good times.

mazzyianne said:
Was that the one where ozzy didn't turn up? Slayer played? Toolfest more like. I was at that.
It was the first and only time I saw someone in real life wearing an 'I'm with stupid' t-shirt.
I vaguely remember sitting on the ground stratecially placing banana peels and waiting for metalers to slip on them.

That was the one! two glorious hours of Tool :heart: .|..| :heart: .|..| :heart:

Napalm said:
Are you twelve? My fist gig was some shite in the Dandolien Market Circa 1980ish...
I'm 16...and I'm only counting gigs that didn't include a punch and judy sketch or a magician.

Pretty sure it was a night of welsh punk/hardcore at the Paradise Club Cwmtillery, maybe sept '92
line up..

State Of Confusion
Rectify
Mind Pollution...

Cowboy Killers may have played as well, if not then they were my second gig.. something like that anyhow.. a brick came through the window during the recitfy set, no one batted an eyelid.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back