What was the first gig you ever went to?? (3 Viewers)

Not 100% sure cos I am old but
(18:08:24) (@Janer-) mine was 1979 national stadium "Raven tour"
(18:08:29) (@Janer-) may have being the stranglers
(18:08:30) (dregin) What was it?
(18:08:38) (@Janer-) great gig
(18:08:40) (Anarcho) bastid!
(18:08:44) (@Janer-) i got into the newspapers
(18:08:50) (@Janer-) only person to get on stage
(18:08:52) (@Janer-) i went back way
(18:08:54) (dregin) Well mine was 77!
(18:08:54) (Anarcho) ah well, ten past seven will do me ok :p
(18:09:00) (@Janer-) climbed over very high speakers etc
(18:09:05) (@Janer-) bouncers were very violent
(18:09:08) (@Janer-) but cos i was a kid
(18:09:10) (@Janer-) they were ok
(18:09:14) (Anarcho) my mom saw thin lizzy in the town hall many a year ago....
(18:09:19) (@Janer-) i mimed jj burnels bass playing for 1/2 a song
(18:09:26) (@Janer-) then when i went down he winked at me

They were my fav band at the time and had a reputation for being great live, they were!

Best gig I ever went to was The Ramones in Cabra grand hall around '84 and most recent best gig would have to be Last Resort at Wasted last year.

exile in the kingdom boxing club drogheda,the inflicted the golden hord boxing club drogheda subhumans in dublin a few weeks later until me ma decided i wasnt allowed.first gig in the big smoke shrapnel in the cie hall marlboro st.first metal gig slayer & nuclear assault ulster hall belfast 88 or 89.first festival treeworgy cornwall featureing culture shock chaos uk hawkwind crow people rdf poision girls the diceman [ex amebix pre zygote] city indians rythmites+ loads more .

Em first mainsteam concert: Ozzfest 2002 (w/TOOL & SYSTEM OF A DOWN!!)

have the recordings of both to keep the memories..

First local/punk/D.I.Y gig: Noizefest 200(1?) I have the flyer off the net *somewhere* backed up on CD. Was organised by The AMC and was in Halla Ide. Good times, shit sound there but i loved it all the same..

drogcharge said:
exile in the kingdom boxing club drogheda,the inflicted the golden hord boxing club drogheda subhumans in dublin a few weeks later until me ma decided i wasnt allowed.first gig in the big smoke shrapnel in the cie hall marlboro st.first metal gig slayer & nuclear assault ulster hall belfast 88 or 89.first festival treeworgy cornwall featureing culture shock chaos uk hawkwind crow people rdf poision girls the diceman [ex amebix pre zygote] city indians rythmites+ loads more .
did you go and see the membranes in drogheda boxing club? shrapnel slept in their van that night of the cie hall gig, it wouldn't start the next day due to a flat battery!!!

yeah went to the membranes gig in the boxing club ,id forgotten about that one maybe too much orchard glow that night .didya go to any gigs in the afro in dublin ,think that is what it was called ,up an alleyway behind where virgin was eventually built.

drogcharge said:
yeah went to the membranes gig in the boxing club ,id forgotten about that one maybe too much orchard glow that night .didya go to any gigs in the afro in dublin ,think that is what it was called ,up an alleyway behind where virgin was eventually built.
Saw Paranoid visions there one time soon after christmas - there used to be a mod club called bubbles there, was dragged to that as well.

First local gig - Imprint, Clown, The Illegally Parked Frogs (me brothers band), Black Rose and Tension - Portlaoise 1998 or 1999 or so I'd say.

First mainstream gig - Jimmy Eat World - Ambassador, probably about 2001 or 2002.

First DIY Punk Gig - C.A.C Dublin, can't remember date - Kid Blunt, Foot In Mouth, Langdon Beck, Ten Past Seven, The Spungos, Margin of Error, Crookie Fix.

Cliff Richard in the point for my 8th birthday.
Savage.

Edit-it was my tenth birthday actually.

the strange guy said:
Definitely the Smashing Pumpkins gig where the bird died. Think about it. Any time in the future you're having a conversation which just goes silent you could just bring it up. BAM you're back in business.

"Did you actually see her?"
"Yeh it was horrible"
"That reminds me...etc"
That was the first "concert" I was at. I didn't like them, I just had to chaperone my sister.

I can't remember the first gig I was ever at but it was no doubt some awful shite such as Revelino/Whipping Boy (Yes, I know some people like them)/Big Bag 'O Sticks/Australian Nirvana in the Theatre Royal in Limerick.

First gig: In Tua Nua - Portumna, Galway 84

First Metal: Faith no More & Prong - Top hat 90. Faith no more were recording for top of the pops and didn't get there 10.30 so Prong got to play for an hour and half(if memory serves me)

First Punk: Fugazi, Rythm-ites(i think) & Therapy - McGonagles 90. Therapy we're good back then

puget sound played in a local community hall when I was 15, first gig worth mentioning. (7years ago!)

the boomtwon rats when i was about two in booterstown (i think) for a free sunday outdoor gig type of thing. me dad said i thought it was good anyway!

my forst ever gig was Bon Jovi when i was 11....back in '96!! my ma brought me and got me a t-shirt that was like a dress on me.....

I still love rockin out to Bon Jovi now a days with my mam....we do be steaming drunk!!

boomtown rats in 84. followed by paranoid visions, which was much more exciting

much more unexciting life i've had, so far.

first ever music event i was at was er, neil diamond, when i was 3. all the aul wan's waving their hands screaming 'sweet caroline' and that.

was brought to blondie as well when i was 5 or 6.

first diy- 3 or so years ago with kid(d) blunt, scientific bong, millions of dead girls and i think americancer. i think.

First "Gig" gig was Red Hot Chili Peppers and New Order

First Punk gig - Rancid

First DIY gig - Black Eyes, The Killing Spree and Torgas Valley Red

i vageuly remember around that time being introduced to crust, too. can't remember what band it was, could've been early day easpa measa, im half thinking it might've been lyncher up there runnin around with no shoes hammerin' people with a mic. probably not. i got mad scared, though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back