What was the first gig you ever went to?? (1 Viewer)

trianglegrrrl said:
I'm 16...and I'm only counting gigs that didn't include a punch and judy sketch or a magician.

Punch and Judy is fucking amazing. Why would you not count it?

HMD said:
Your shitting it going to the shops. ye steamer

that was one of the scariest afternoons of my life! I was just talking to somone the other day about it. those fuckin nazi cunts who beat the shit out of that young dude.. definitley one of the most cowardly acts of violence Ive ever witnessed.

u:m said:
that was one of the scariest afternoons of my life! I was just talking to somone the other day about it. those fuckin nazi cunts who beat the shit out of that young dude.. definitley one of the most cowardly acts of violence Ive ever witnessed.
i second that. me and my mate were told to leave by the nazis or we would be battered. i presume because crass, conflict, etc was written on our jeckets. we left. can't say i ever felt comfortable going to gigs in mcgonagles for a long time after that.......:mad:

first gig was some shitty treasure island all ages gig, pre-blast.would have been 1999 i think.first punk gig i think was either GBH and extreme noise terror in TBMC or else the rejected xmas gig with the gay santa guy on the flyer! skint played, runnin riot too i think

first gig a-house in some gaa club in kilkenny aound 1990
first punk gig gout in a parish hall in three castles kilkenny local bar got trashed and locals out hunting people mad exciting can't remember the gig.
followed closely by brawl in the red loin .we were to young to buy drink and skint after paying in to buy anything so murt(brawls singer) bought us some large bottles of red lemonade so the guy couldn't kick us out we were delighted and humiliated at the same time.brawl couldn't sound check till glenroe was over thats the type of place it was.actually before the brawl gig went to see therapy in the newpark inn in kilkenny but couldn't get in to young sat out the back on some old bar couch for the night and listened.everyone went off home me and one of the other lads said fuck it we'd try again the bouncer went for a piss one of the older punks grabbed us and rushed us in just in time for to hear "wake up time to die" fucking deadly...cant beleive how shit they got...but going to gigs in new ross is why im still here talking shit about punk.
first gig i played was in marquee in a field in kells co kilkenny with vertical urge.have it on video so bad.......but i remember it been some buzz.

and my first and last big festival was the first sunstroke in dalymount park and it was actually one of the hottest days i ever remember .
i remember getting excited because i saw some real punks with crass on their jakets and someone in a minor threat shirt.

Same DAMNED tour tommy...cept it was in tralee co kerry,august '85

WHAT?! How the hell did this happen? The Damned in Tralee?....that's amazin'.

Think I need to update this cos i didnt do it properly the first time.

First ever gig was a gig my brothers band was playing at in the local youth centre, Ten Past Seven were playing too. I was an awkward 13 year old so didn't really knwo waht to expect. It turned out to be a great gig. It was one of Ten Past Seven's first gigs as far as I know and I remember getting their demo cd off them...some other real good unknown local bands played too...Aggro, Kick In The Teeth and Sparkplug..

I followed a line of crazy local youth gigs after this until I managed to go to my first 'proper' diy punk gig. I sneaked into a pub with my older brothers ID and got to see Kerry's best punk band Conans Mob. :) I don't know how I managed to get in at all, being the big pixie headed 16 year old that I was but i felt some force of elation when the doors opened up in front of me. My brothers mates had a good chuckle when they saw me inside. It was defintly one of the best gigs I've ever been to though. News For The Deaf and Kick In The teeth also played.

First 'big' gig I went to outside Kerry was Oi Polloi last year in Cork. Savage gig.

My first gig was the Harry Callaghan weekend in bohs a few years ago when i was 14, got see loads of bands and meet loads of deadly people and got absolutly pissed, good weekend.

my first and last big gig/festival was the first sun stroke in dalymount park.
perfect name one of the hottest days i remember ever.started the day by starting to drink down the canal (the nal) in kilkenny at 6.30 in the morning so we could be pissed on the bus in case we got the driver that didn't let you drink.was all excited at seen some punks with crass on their jackets outside and some one with a minor threat t-shirt.shit buzz was once you left you weren't allowed back in so once you ran out of the smuggled in naggins that was it for the day drunk and sober by about three .got me one and only peircing the nose with a gun someone called me as she did it i turned and it went in arse ways ouch.
some good bands sonic youth,sugar,disposable heros of hiphopricy(amazing) and faithnomore.

first ever gig i ran was the first AMC gig in limerick in baker place
(break your face).

first one i remember was neds atomic dustbin mcgonagles with my brothers. I don't know how i got in because I would have been 12 or 13 at the time.

I do remember getting sick down the stairs because of the cider i drank and the crowd surfing.

perfect name one of the hottest days i remember ever.started the day by starting to drink down the canal (the nal) in kilkenny at 6.30 in the morning so we could be pissed on the bus in case we got the driver that didn't let you drink.was all excited at seen some punks with crass on their jackets outside and some one with a minor threat t-shirt.shit buzz was once you left you weren't allowed back in so once you ran out of the smuggled in naggins that was it for the day drunk and sober by about three .got me one and only peircing the nose with a gun someone called me as she did it i turned and it went in arse ways ouch.
some good bands sonic youth,sugar,disposable heros of hiphopricy(amazing) and faithnomore.

(break your face).

You saw Faith No More???!!!!! DEADLY!!!!

That was an amazing lineup! Dya remember if Sugar did any Husker songs by any chance?

Nahhh. They just played Sugar stuff. Grant Hart did some Husker Du tracks when he played here solo a few years ago but it was just him & an acoustic guitar so it wasn't quite the same (apart from Never Talking to You Again)

(break your face).
was at a veggie barby that day up in lenster ave.with some of the old phisboro crew ,peppy ,gog ,rozzers etc.went down and drank at the gates of dalymount afterwards[couldnt bunk in].i think my first gig was exile in the kingdom [old drog punk band]in the boxing club in drogheda mid 80s,its all a big haze now.

first gig- a paranoid visions gig,either in mc gonagles or jj smyths 86 ???
that hellbastard gig im sure i was at but i dont remember any violence,i think it was the electro hippies / carcass gig some body got smacked off the wall and was a bit spancilled ??
best gig -still gorilla buiscuits in charlies
first big gig-slf in the olmpic ballroom 87 still have the ticket
honourable mentions -joyce mc kinney experience,bad beach,hdq,and snuff filling in for sink supporting the instigators and blowing them off the stage

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back