What was the first gig you ever went to?? (2 Viewers)

First gig I ever went to was some local metal bands. I cant remember who. First "big" gig i went to was Mama's Boys in the ulster hall probably about '85. didnt start going to punk gigs untill '87 when i saw Pink Turds in Space with killercrust and i think 3 Ring Psychosis in the old museum building in belfast

first big: foo fighters, sfx, nov 95

first DIY/punk: stomach/bambi/cheapskate/black belt jones, the attic, xmas 96

played at: bambi/black belt jones/muddled (the shame of it all), fusion bar, summer 97

put on: the kabinboy/estel/split red/tarca, jan 00

Me first gig was in Batty's when I was 15 or something, some shit band played.

First punk gig was Medula Nocte in... Slatterys I think? Me, Donjo and Corm got the snot kicked out of us by hairy tuffguys.

First gig was Page and Plant in the Point. They did a few songs from their last album but it was mainly Zepplin classics. Not sure when it was. 98?
First punk gig was Anti-hero in Ballymahon.

error type 11 said:
Acid Reign and DAM in Sir Henry's Cork in 1989 I think, god DAM were shite

hey leo...
i was at the same gig....
dam were shite but acid reign were incredible...
still the best thrash metal band ever....
i even got my runners signed by the band....
i think we may be forgetting judgement and kemikill gigs as well...

jmlcomp said:
hey leo...
i was at the same gig....
dam were shite but acid reign were incredible...
still the best thrash metal band ever....
i even got my runners signed by the band....
i think we may be forgetting judgement and kemikill gigs as well...

I feel alive when I can see the dark
I just took a trip to the chemical amusement park

Yes, the good oul days, perhaps I was at a judgment gig before Acid Reign

mac warzonescum said:
runners=shoes?

I think this should be adopted as a new policy for all punk/hardcore bands touring Ireland: play a blistering gig and then having to scratch their names into 100 pairs of converse/paraboots...

We all wore stupid big basketball boots in those days in our quest to look like bay area moshers :rolleyes:

First Concert: Michael Jackson Lansdowne Rd. 1992.

I had actually been selected to perform on stage with the man himself along with 24 other boys from my school, but when it came to the big night the stage wasn't big enough for all of us, so only the smallest children were picked.

Sadly, the King's advisers had not deemed me small enough so I was left out of the 'Heal the World' chorus group that performed that night by holding hands and forming a circle, walking around ould Dirty Micky as he sang.

I was so enraged that I began to cry uncontrolably and even ripped off my Michael Jackson t-shirt. Afterwards we were allowed to watch the show for free, and how my heart ached as the King kicked into the first chorus of....
"Heal the World, make it a better place, for you and for me and
..."

First Gig: Battle of the Bands 1995? in strangely enough, Landsdowne Rugby Clubhouse.

Bambi were on first, they played 4 Sex Pistols covers and that was it. I thought it was fucking amazing. Then all the other bands played Rage Against the Machine covers and I moshed for the first time.

First Punk Gig: The Old Chinaman, Summer 96. Puget Sound / Skint (I think) and some other band.

Rors da gave us a lift to the venue. During the gig his parents showed up looking a bit worried about the state of the place, the hash smoking and dodgy tattoos etc... Ror was banned from ever playing there again by his folks. After that, anytime we played there Ror had to throw his snare over the back wall of his gaff and pretend he was going to friends house. That went on for ages, the poor bastard.

treelo said:
PLEEEASE do.
we could use them for the posters for your birthday gig? ha! i can see it now...
here ya go leo and the leppard ?
my first gig was in dunno what year but it was brinskill bombbeat + nine bar(who pulled out) and blue rinse grannies, think tpr played as well ?

Attachments

• leo and def leppard 1992 cork.jpg
    leo and def leppard 1992 cork.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 98
kutter_krock said:
my first gig was in dunno what year but it was brinskill bombbeat + nine bar(who pulled out) and blue rinse grannies, think tpr played as well ?

Wohoooooo go leo

kutter_krock said:

Am I laughing my ass off or planning vile revenge, I'm not sure yet. Actually its rather funny me thinks

Green Day in The Point way back in December 2000, think Bouncing Souls were supporting

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back