What type of music programmes would people like to see on TV? (3 Viewers)

My ideal show would be a cross between pop-up video, reelin' in the years and that weird show that had found footage over music you probably didn't know.

It would have news, pop hits, fringe music, fashion, found footage / audio, ads, quotes, art and architecture from a particular year all montaged together with blips of info over it that would be hugely amusing. I'd buy that.

Presented by someone chosen for their passion and knowledge, not for his or her looks. I'd rather have a presenter who has a thing or two to learn about presenting than a presenter who doesn't know shit about music.

Can we have the passionate people off to the side somewhere and the hotties fronting the thing?

I agree about putting things in their social context. That's always interesting. Music doesn't come from a hoover!

Kind of a mini Hidden History (music-based) section would be class, where good people are collared to make little films that take a foray into some musical thing or person or category that interests them.
None of the social context should include the 1968 Paris riots or Margaret Thatcher.

thats very narrow-minded. Lots of good music has come from hoovers

Perhaps that could be explored in the Hidden History section of the show. There could be an investigation into the life of Theo Gartridge, who set his mother's daily household chores to an unsettlingly harmonic ambient purr.

Like the Daytrotter Sessions - except filming the bands whilst playing live - including their thing of trying to get them to play one unique song for the session.

Rope in good touring bands from America/Canada/Europe and good Irish bands.

Don't feature bands just because a) they are Irish b) their record company is paying for it c) they are in NME.

Have really good quality audio and visual standards - don't make it look like a cheap shit version of Jools Holland show with whacky camera angles and bogey RTE lighting that makes everything they produce seem like a transition year project.

Don't make too short or too infrequent - there's loads of music out there and an insatiable appetite for it.

Watch Burn To Shine series.

Alternately - you could do an Irish style rip off of the Take Away Shows.

Kind of a mini Hidden History (music-based) section would be class, where good people are collared to make little films that take a foray into some musical thing or person or category that interests them.
None of the social context should include the 1968 Paris riots or Margaret Thatcher.

It's a deal.

Vinnie is now attached to present this series. This is good work for a Friday afternoon, people.

If your looking for serious advice, get well known touring bands who are playing Tripod, AMbassador, Lower Deck, Olympia etc etc to either do sessions for you (proper sessions mind you, not that Balcony TV shit) or record their gig for the show. I would most certainly tune in if I knew you were going to show a few tracks of Animal Collective playing live or Battles doing an exclusive session in yer studios. Something like that mixed in with videos from bands where it's obvious that people *know* its good has chosen them.

I don't want to see only Irish bands too, there's only so many times I want to see Ham Sandwich, Fight Like Apes etc etc etc on TV. Fuck, they've even appeared on The Den! Just don't be worrying about trying to appeal to as many people as possible to begin with, Night Shift is doing that on Channel 6 already with mixed results (mostly the same stuff every night).

And "music shows" do not equal just indie or even just off kilter indie all the time there's electronic, punk, metal, noise, folk going on here too..

i'd love to see a show entirely dedicated to chopped and screwed music where even the presenters speaking voices was slowwwwweeeeddd doooowwwwnn.....sippin on some sizzzurrrp

can you do that?

the walk like an egyptian video on repeat forever

susanna-hoffs-07050604.jpg

Hi all,
I'm putting the feelers out for the type of music programmes people would like made for Irish TV. Any ideas would be appreciated.

ok, my two cents worth...
a music programme that can showcase all types of music without being stuffy and difficult
it doesn't have to have catchy bands, with catchy haircuts and catchy trousers (although not necessarily a bad thing), but there are simply not enough good irish acts around of this type to do this justice
it's musical content must not be restricted - with a little work, even the most disparate of genre's can sit together in one show if presented correctly

the narrative elements need not be over the top of an audience's head, but by the same measure should not steep to tabloid interview techniques
its style shouldn't pose with an element of cool, but should stand up as a matter of fact program with intelligence
:)
leigh

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back