What Twitter pile on are you watching right now (9 Viewers)

The statue defenders doing Nazi salutes while protecting a Churchill statue. K 🤷🏻‍♂️

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

h
That was the point I was making yes. That and the band is called the Dead Kennedys, like. They were a different kind of cancelled in 1978, there's probably a whole thesis in that.

Listen, we can point out all the context of these things all we like but I bet no one on here is willing to use the n-word in any song they write. I think you can still get away with it in fiction interestingly enough. That's the second thesis proposal in this post.

I think the main difference between the 2 is that fictional writing is generally an attempt to represent someone else's viewpoint whereas songwriting is generally seen as a direct representation of the artists viewpoint.

I'd say moreso, when you right lyrics you kinda consider what its like to have to shout them at people over and over and over again rather than just living in them as a tangent to a fantasy for a few days.

Background reading. Kinda a long read.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I'd say moreso, when you right lyrics you kinda consider what its like to have to shout them at people over and over and over again rather than just living in them as a tangent to a fantasy for a few days.

I remember myself and my brother were listening to a Venom song, I think it was called Poison, it was about getting the clap. The lyrics were pretty awful and I remember we were questioning how grown men could recite these lyrics from a stage without being absolutely mortified

h

I think the main difference between the 2 is that fictional writing is generally an attempt to represent someone else's viewpoint whereas songwriting is generally seen as a direct representation of the artists viewpoint.

Yes, or at least songwriting is assumed to be a direct representation of the artists viewpoint, rightly or wrongly. Sometimes wrongly.

I never understood the perception that lyrics were generally first person in their intent - especially in Ireland where we have a good tradition of narrative songwriting.

I remember myself and my brother were listening to a Venom song, I think it was called Poison, it was about getting the clap. The lyrics were pretty awful and I remember we were questioning how grown men could recite these lyrics from a stage without being absolutely mortified

Venom are hilarious..... Probably unintentional.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back