What Twitter pile on are you watching right now (5 Viewers)

The n-word has become something of a magic spell and Eamon Ryan cast it without knowing the consequences of what he was unleashing. Classic fantasy storyline.

I hope they bring it up in the leadership vote.

The basic feature of the cellular system is frequency reuse, which exploits path loss to reuse the same frequency spectrum at spatially separated locations. Specifically, the coverage area of a cellular system is divided into nonoverlapping cells where some set of channels is assigned to each cell. This same channel set is used in another cell some distance away, as shown in Figure 7.8, where the shaded cells use the same channel set.

3-s2.0-B9780080508030500125-f07-08-9780080508030.jpg

The basic feature of the cellular system is frequency reuse, which exploits path loss to reuse the same frequency spectrum at spatially separated locations. Specifically, the coverage area of a cellular system is divided into nonoverlapping cells where some set of channels is assigned to each cell. This same channel set is used in another cell some distance away, as shown in Figure 7.8, where the shaded cells use the same channel set.

3-s2.0-B9780080508030500125-f07-08-9780080508030.jpg
Can cell.

The n-word has become something of a magic spell and Eamon Ryan cast it without knowing the consequences of what he was unleashing. Classic fantasy storyline.

I hope they bring it up in the leadership vote.

the elephant in the room is that
A: the leadership antis are politicising it, effectively making a political football from it.
B: its still a bunch of white people talking about how black people are treated
C: I still havent really processed that image of ER.

giphy.gif

I'm mostly fascinated that he didn't get the memo that you just don't say that word because it's not worth the argument unless you're actually invested in being a racist.

I look forward to Spiked defending him anyway.

In the sport of this newfound social conscience we also need to take the censorship pen to Elvis Costello's 'Oliver's Army' ,Pink Floyd's 'In the Flesh', Bob Dylan's ' Hurricane' and Guns N'Roses' 'One in a million'. Oh right we already did that last one.

Holiday in Cambodia.

The Dead Kennedys are cancelled.

Honestly, i'm not gonna defend these things. Would I be right in saying that Patti Smith has never backed down defending the title of her song?

There obviously a difference between using the word and quoting the word. Ryan was quoting it but doing so was clumsy and ill-judged - especially when there is no need to do so. And in the Dail of all places.

Dylan is also quoting the word in "Hurricane" .... "and to the white folk he was just a crazy .....". He's using it to point out the extent of the blatant racism that led many to simply not care about what happened to Carter. And it's in the context of a song which is virulently anti-racist and apoplectic about that particular instance of it. And anyway .... "and the white folk would typically refer to him using that terrible racial slur that we all disapprove of ..." just doesn't scan as well.

I love Patti Smith but have no defence of that song. It's seems clumsy and ill-judged to me as well. She is truly the Eamonn Ryan of mid-70s CBGBs art-punk.

I laughed out loud at this ...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
">

1591959447968.jpeg

1591959447968.jpeg

He should have known better and all that, but this shit about media training/not media training politicians - it is deeply unsettling shit. I've been in close proximity of 3 current Irish party leaders (clue - all of which are negotiating now) and all I see half the time is performance.

One of the peak indicators is the obama thumb.

Pointing at people = bad
normal thumbs up = too lighthearted for grown up politics
closed fist = too agressive
slightly visible thumb emerging over hand = right on for emphasis.

people charge thousands of euros to teach this crap and usually bukake over each other when it comes to this. You see sumcunt doing this, stop paying attention.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back