What Twitter pile on are you watching right now (2 Viewers)

Well fuck it, The Great Wall or something, there must be some shit somewhere we can blow up
I'm sure Newgrange was built by slaves. Wasn't slavery universal back in them days?

The pyramids story seems a bit implausible - you have a society with slavery, and wanna build a gigantic stone structure. Why wouldn't you use slaves? You'd probably need skilled stonemasons too, and you might bury those guys properly, but when slaves died you'd just sling em in the river with the crocodiles

I don't think your opinion on how it probably worked because it makes sense to you with your vague received wisdom about the topic is gonna pass peer review egg. I'm gonna stick with the expert guy for now.

Dammit I was really hoping you were gonna come back with a host of articles comprehensively proving me wrong.

Guess i'll have to use google myself.... effort :cautious:

Holiday in Cambodia.

The Dead Kennedys are cancelled.

Holiday in Cambodia was a look at how middle class white people try to seek authenticity in the experiences of other races and cultures while simultaneously denigrating them. The line in question was an excellent illustration of this.
I think you may be highlighting the problem with cancel culture.

That was the point I was making yes. That and the band is called the Dead Kennedys, like. They were a different kind of cancelled in 1978, there's probably a whole thesis in that.

Listen, we can point out all the context of these things all we like but I bet no one on here is willing to use the n-word in any song they write. I think you can still get away with it in fiction interestingly enough. That's the second thesis proposal in this post.

Some pop shithead will do it in the next few months for the controversy points, with the PR for the backlash sitting in the outbox before it even gets recorded. Max martin will probably write it.

Listen, we can point out all the context of these things all we like but I bet no one on here is willing to use the n-word in any song they write. I think you can still get away with it in fiction interestingly enough. That's the second thesis proposal in this post.
movies too, obviously, but it's really all in the use of supposed 'real world' speech which doesn't really get used that often in songwriting?

Listen, we can point out all the context of these things all we like but I bet no one on here is willing to use the n-word in any song they write
I'm afraid to even think it these days. In a job I had in the very early 00s all the programmers were in a little room away from the rest of the office and we would rap along with Wu Tang/ODB tracks all day long. Now ... well, it doesn't bear thinking about. Though in fairness we did so little work a lot of the time it's a wonder we weren't fired anyway. Dot com boom wha?

I think you can still get away with it in fiction interestingly enough. That's the second thesis proposal in this post.
I have an idea for a novel going around in my head that would require liberal use of the word. I think in fiction though the words are in the characters' mouths, not the singer's. If I ever get around to writing it (and if anyone wants to publish it, which is unlikely given the level of my artistic success to date) I think it'll have to be under a nom-de-plume, just in case

I'm afraid to even think it these days. In a job I had in the very early 00s all the programmers were in a little room away from the rest of the office and we would rap along with Wu Tang/ODB tracks all day long. Now ... well, it doesn't bear thinking about. Though in fairness we did so little work a lot of the time it's a wonder we weren't fired anyway. Dot com boom wha?

I have an idea for a novel going around in my head that would require liberal use of the word. I think in fiction though the words are in the characters' mouths, not the singer's. If I ever get around to writing it (and if anyone wants to publish it, which is unlikely given the level of my artistic success to date) I think it'll have to be under a nom-de-plume, just in case
It hasn't hurt a certain Mr Q Tarantino

View attachment 14041

View attachment 14041

He should have known better and all that, but this shit about media training/not media training politicians - it is deeply unsettling shit. I've been in close proximity of 3 current Irish party leaders (clue - all of which are negotiating now) and all I see half the time is performance.

One of the peak indicators is the obama thumb.

Pointing at people = bad
normal thumbs up = too lighthearted for grown up politics
closed fist = too agressive
slightly visible thumb emerging over hand = right on for emphasis.

people charge thousands of euros to teach this crap and usually bukake over each other when it comes to this. You see sumcunt doing this, stop paying attention.

Simon Harris is a master already

The pyramids story seems a bit implausible - you have a society with slavery, and wanna build a gigantic stone structure. Why wouldn't you use slaves? You'd probably need skilled stonemasons too, and you might bury those guys properly, but when slaves died you'd just sling em in the river with the crocodiles

Yeah that's what I figured too. Like obviously the guys in charge (cause the women are cooking etc) are gonna be skilled stone masons and that, but do ya reckon they're gonna be the ones pushing those big blocks around? Like fuck.
It's like fuck it lads, this is what we need to do, right, but Jose there is gonna be the one actually doing it
iB0VQJT.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back