What Twitter pile on are you watching right now (8 Viewers)

not sure of the context of this conversation as the tweet that was quoted has been deleted.

I went to DCU from 93-97 and what you say is true, to an extent. When I was finishing 2nd year in the spring of 95, the college was still small enough that you'd almost know everyone to see. The following 2 years saw the college population more than double, and a shit-load of building started - basically the start of the development to turn DCU into what it is now.

As regards clubs and societies, they were generally small, but there were plenty. For example, I remember the GLAF (Gay and Lesbian soc) had 4 members. The upshot of this was that a lot of socs became a group of mates who'd all hang out together. Ironically they were generally the more active clubs. The larger ones generally did fuck all.

There were a handful of places you could put posters. On the street (outside the old library), the canteen, and there were noticeboards in most of the buildings. But yeah, you'd tend not to see anything other than in those places, so I guess it depends on what route you took while walking through it.

And it was mostly made up of young country kids. There were few enough kids from Dublin going there in my first couple of years. 2 or 3 years after that, that all changed.

The original tweet was some person who really should know better (in a current affairs/news job) tweeting their absolute outrage that the green party wanted public water fountains instead of people buying plastic water bottles everday. They signed off the tweet with 'I'm not making this up'.

The original tweet was some person who really should know better (in a current affairs/news job) tweeting their absolute outrage that the green party wanted public water fountains instead of people buying plastic water bottles everday. They signed off the tweet with 'I'm not making this up'.
ah, thanks, I saw that on my twitter feed a day or 2 ago alright.

Are you saying that Terry Pratchett set the template for a elaborately thought out trans exclusionary wizardy fantasies based on bloodlines and the british caste system?
It doesn't matter if you know who they are or not but the very first episode of the Bruenigs is Matt Bruenig trying to explain Harry Potter having never read any of the books of seen any of the films and it's, well, a good laff

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I thought he meant that with an imminent climate crisis, adding water fountains seemed to be such a small and ineffective plan in the scheme of things. Much like growing salads in window boxes.

I think they are both good ideas by the way. But to tackle global climate change it's just a drop in the ocean.

That's what I took from it anyway.

I thought he meant that with an imminent climate crisis, adding water fountains seemed to be such a small and ineffective plan in the scheme of things. Much like growing salads in window boxes.

I think they are both good ideas by the way. But to tackle global climate change it's just a drop in the ocean.

That's what I took from it anyway.

You're doing twitter wrong. You've taken account of nuance and a differing viewpoint, applied reason and logic to it and given the tweeter the benefit of the doubt. That's not how it's meant to work.

I took it more like there just isn't anything negative about having water available (see also UN human rights/water conventions) and for someone who works current affairs to be so taken aback by something with essentially no negatives shows either an anti-green streak, an out of touchness or some personal axe to grind, all of which someone in that role posting in their proffesional persona should know better than, and be dragged for.

On the subject of green moves

This looks like a great idea, but also given recent events it also gives me anxiety about how it could be a superspreader, you'd hope we'd be out of covid danger in 10 years I suppose.

We already have planes and it won't be worse than them.

Guarantee you they won't build the Irish section though.

On the subject of green moves

This looks like a great idea, but also given recent events it also gives me anxiety about how it could be a superspreader, you'd hope we'd be out of covid danger in 10 years I suppose.

If they make that I'm setting aside my 50's to tour the mainland on folding bike. If the irish bit happened you'd be looking at a megaport at Galway or Cork.

Hahaha - I was right, you are talking out of your arse. Read a lot of fantasy, have you?
More than you.

Only one way to settle this, lads. Take it to Dyslexic Badger Wood where you can shout "fireball!" and "Axe of Gilfedor!" etc at each other. First one to earn twenty golden trader-crubeens is the winner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back