What television series are you currently making your way through? (20 Viewers)

The thick plottens.

It is 2024.
She is 31 on the internet.
She left mormon at 23, 8 years ago.
Her youtube channel was opened in 2014, 10 years ago.

Doesn't stack up.

3 body problem

One episiode left. Decent, but not a patch on the book (duh). Too much has been skipped through. CGI is shockingly bad in places. Liam Cunningham is the best thing in it by far.

Sounds like the best we could hope for based on the trailer. I'll burn through this tomorrow
In some ways it’s the anti-game of thrones tv adaptation. The original source for both had a cast of thousands but while with GoT they just said fuck it, and gave us a ton of bearded men to remember, this one almost entirely focuses on a small group of composite-character friends.

Finished 3 Body Problem last night. Grand, but a disappointment considering the quality of the source material, and that 2010s Sci-Fi channel-level CGI really lets it down.

also took me a minute to realise that Auggie was in Baby Driver

Last edited:
30 Coins. The first episode (90 mins) is bonkers and scared the shit out of me. Ep 2 here we go.

PS - curious to see how Paul Giamatti fits in when he arrives, given it’s Spanish.

The last Curb. Richard Lewis looks like death. Not sure it’s a fitting goodbye to have him that sick and on camera.
pretty close to up to date with the last season. Is that the episode on the golf course? Thought the same, he looked so bad. Quite sad. Having said that, on twitter he was saying how delighted he was to be a part of it when they were filming

pretty close to up to date with the last season. Is that the episode on the golf course? Thought the same, he looked so bad. Quite sad. Having said that, on twitter he was saying how delighted he was to be a part of it when they were filming
It’s the one after that when they’re inside. It’s very clearly stitched together, and he looks way worse than on the golf course.

3 Body Problem. Very bad adaptation
Doesn't compare well to Tencent?
I don't know anything about the source material but I'm enjoying it

Seems like they coulda got more epsidoes out of it. We could have handled more Jonathon Pryce, I'm thinking. Not too many scenes on the ship. The Panama scene was gangbusters though.

General question. One I keep asking, and I'm fascinated with.
So the book was all China, but for this adapation they shifted almost all the action out of China.
And they picked England. This is another sci-fi adaptation where most everyone is speaking RP and associated accents. I know some of y'all can't see this cos you watch so much English stuff anyways. But why is it always English accents?
This is NOT a oh-these-bloody-Brits-are-everywhere thing
I really want to understand the creative choice here every time we get a sci-fi show.

And I love Liam Cunningham in this.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Cormcolash
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back