What television series are you currently making your way through? (8 Viewers)

In US film very often guys with NY, New Jersey, Italian American etc. accents are used to denote dodgy geezers, wheeler dealers and criminals
"Yes boss", "You dirty rat" and Joe Pesci in Home Alone" etc.
No other part of US other than The NE of the country seems to get this.
I don’t know, southern accents are often used as a shorthand for racist characters.

Kind of dumb that they had the best physicist in the world and she doesn't know her friend is crushing the hardest crush ever known to man on her
Who doesn't even believe her boyfriend when he tells her or when the dude says he'll die for her. Clearly just friend stuff.

The two main guys are the essential nerd fantasy heroes
One can't even tell a girl he likes her, even when he's fucking dying - but this is the world's most noble deed, so it's cool.
And another one is an overweight stoner who's banging an objective 10 on the regular, but it's complicated. While also falling ass backwards into one night stands on any given night out.

This is what we get for three episodes, instead of more shit getting nano-sliced up

The third is super rich and lives like an obnoxious version of Tom Hanks in Big.

How are nerds gonna learn if we don't teach them?

Kind of dumb that they had the best physicist in the world and she doesn't know her friend is crushing the hardest crush ever known to man on her
Who doesn't even believe her boyfriend when he tells her or when the dude says he'll die for her. Clearly just friend stuff.

The two main guys are the essential nerd fantasy heroes
One can't even tell a girl he likes her, even when he's fucking dying - but this is the world's most noble deed, so it's cool.
And another one is an overweight stoner who's banging an objective 10 on the regular, but it's complicated. While also falling ass backwards into one night stands on any given night out.

This is what we get for three episodes, instead of more shit getting nano-sliced up

The third is super rich and lives like an obnoxious version of Tom Hanks in Big.

How are nerds gonna learn if we don't teach them?

you need to see one to be one.
we need to campaign for accurate representation of nerd-ness in cinema.

oh yes...
he does a creepy psychopath very well.
the whole production looks great as well
Every second of it would be a fabulous still photograph. The shots on the old NYC subway was like pages out of The Americans by Robert Frank. It's just visually stunning. Also found out that Freddie (which I feel was played better by Philip Seymour Hoffman) is Sting's non binary child.

Every second of it would be a fabulous still photograph. The shots on the old NYC subway was like pages out of The Americans by Robert Frank. It's just visually stunning. Also found out that Freddie (which I feel was played better by Philip Seymour Hoffman) is Sting's non binary child.
reminds me of this too in places...

Yeah, PSH was a better Freddie and Jude Law was a better Dickie, but Andrew Scott is the best Ripley I've seen yet.

Yeah, PSH was a better Freddie and Jude Law was a better Dickie, but Andrew Scott is the best Ripley I've seen yet.
Ì don't know, I kinda like this Dickie. He's more realistic and less "perfect looking" rich kid.
I agree, Scott is the best Ripley. I normally find him worthy of the Horn Thread but in this role, it's nonexistent... which a a good thing. Total creep vibes.

Speaking of Judd Law, his son is adorable in Masters of the Air, as the plane mechanic with the little cap.

Ripley. Very good. Andrew Scott is a much scarier Ripley than Matt Damon.
Tempted by this as I hear good things, but I really dislike that guy

His Moriarty was excruciating in Sherlock. So much so that at first assumed it was a misdirection and this gurning lunatic was just another play by the real Moriarty

Started watching The Boys. My wife and I are currently reading the comics so decided to give the show a go. It's good but much tamer than I was expecting (especially given the mountain of warnings at the start).

I was surprised how much I loved that show, so NOT my normal thing. Isn't the new season coming out soon?
I don't know. I'm only two episodes in.

I'm four volumes into the comic, have 5 and 6 ready to read then I think that's them all. One really nice touch is that Hughie is Scottish in the comic and looks like Simon Pegg (from before Pegg was really famous), and they have Pegg playing his dad in the show. Not sure why they made them American though?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back