What television series are you currently making your way through? (12 Viewers)

Really enjoying Humans at the moment - about half way through..

Didn't realise they made a Tv Series of this - so it is next on my list:
10070819-large.jpg

Really enjoying Humans at the moment - about half way through..

Didn't realise they made a Tv Series of this - so it is next on my list:
10070819-large.jpg
Haven't watched Humans yet but only managed the first episode of Jonathan Strange. It really conflicted with my reading of the book, playing up more traditional fantasy cliches when the book tried to make the magic feel almost everyday and workman-like (helped by the dry footnotes, which I loved). A swing and a miss for me.

i didn't read the book but got into the tv series about halway through as himself was watching it

i thought it was pretty cool

I thought the Jonathan Strange adaptation was very disappointing too. It got the tone all wrong in my view.

Anyone started Bojack Horseman? 1 episode in, not sure, a lot of the jokes are cheap and fall flat, even though I love Will Arnott. I did laugh a lot at the fact that penguin publishing was run by actual penguins though. That's my kind of humour.
I started watching this last night.

Had some good laughs

Peaky Blinders. Pretty good so far. Very much helps that the two leads in Cillian Murphy and Sam Neill are excellent, as the supporting cast are not great. The good writing swings it.

I enjoyed Series 1 but it didn't leave me with a mad thirst to watch the 2nd series, even though. It looked great but the soundtrack was a bit jarring and as you say some of the supporting cast is bollocular.

Anyone watching Difficult People? It's the new Hulu original with Julie Klausner & Billy Eichner, produced by Amy Poehler.

Difficult People · The A.V. Club

It's been hailed as the new Curb. It's not bad, some funny and not-so-funny storylines. Critics are loving it.

Critics are loving it because they are it. It's fucking brutal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back