What television series are you currently making your way through? (4 Viewers)

Watched the first 2 episodes of Show Me A Hero, the new David Simon thing last night.

Pretty good as far as programmes about planning policy go.

Is this the new drama series he has been working on?

Watched the first two episodes of Deutschland 83 last night. I was expecting a more serious affair but it flirts with pure farce in places. It is beautifully shot and was very enjoyable, slightly heavy handed soundtrack and a few fairly implausible plot points are the only negatives so far. I am kinda hoping it takes off in a big way as I would like to see more non-English language drama that isn't dreary Scandinavian crime series.

Blunt Talk, new Patrick Stewart comedy thing on a minor US network (the same one who did the very good Party Down), first episode only aired last night but they've had the first 2 episodes up online for a week or so. First episode was good, second not so much, but I'll probably watch the third in a few weeks when it's out.

Watched the first two episodes of Deutschland 83 last night. I was expecting a more serious affair but it flirts with pure farce in places. It is beautifully shot and was very enjoyable, slightly heavy handed soundtrack and a few fairly implausible plot points are the only negatives so far. I am kinda hoping it takes off in a big way as I would like to see more non-English language drama that isn't dreary Scandinavian crime series.
I loved him in the supermarket, just fucking mesmerised

Blunt Talk, new Patrick Stewart comedy thing on a minor US network (the same one who did the very good Party Down), first episode only aired last night but they've had the first 2 episodes up online for a week or so. First episode was good, second not so much, but I'll probably watch the third in a few weeks when it's out.
cool. didnt realise this was airing so soon. really like jonathan ames,

I know a good few people that really liked it but it never clicked for me. Could have used a Gretta Gerwig type to sand down some of the Baumbachy smugness (seeing as they're a topic of conversation today)
bored to death. really liked it, yeah, danson was the highlight of that show for me. looking forward to seeing what type of character he plays in fargo 2

wentworth, aussie prison drama, makes OITNB look like hollyoaks.
just watched the first two seasons in 2.5 days

the plot gets rather silly in season 2 but then the last two episodes are amazing

better take a break and do some productive living for a while before i start season 3

Louie.jpg

This is nothing short of fantastic

wentworth, aussie prison drama, makes OITNB look like hollyoaks.
just watched the first two seasons in 2.5 days

the plot gets rather silly in season 2 but then the last two episodes are amazing

better take a break and do some productive living for a while before i start season 3

Isn't that prisoner cell block H 2

this is england. really enjoyed the final installment. Recently rewatched from the start. definitely thought 88 was the best. the so called christmas special that was incredibly miserable but really good. chance it could resurface again down the line hopefully. by the sounds of things not any time soon though

this is england. really enjoyed the final installment. Recently rewatched from the start. definitely thought 88 was the best. the so called christmas special that was incredibly miserable but really good. chance it could resurface again down the line hopefully. by the sounds of things not any time soon though
Just watched '86 for the first time last week. Really looking forward to '88 now

That idea of doing Downton Abbey directed by Meadows and calling it This Is England '35 gave me a good chuckle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back