What television series are you currently making your way through? (4 Viewers)

this is england. really enjoyed the final installment. Recently rewatched from the start. definitely thought 88 was the best. the so called christmas special that was incredibly miserable but really good. chance it could resurface again down the line hopefully. by the sounds of things not any time soon though

I caught the first episode of the latest installment and felt it was pretty poor. Did it improve after that?

I caught the first episode of the latest installment and felt it was pretty poor. Did it improve after that?
yeah, would definitely say that was the lightest of the 4 episodes. if you liked and watched up to 88, i'd say you'll like this series. good bit more squeezed outta the characters in 90

86 was top drawer too. yer one vicky mcclure that plays Lol was especially fantastic in those two seasons. played some immense scenes
Yeah she's terrific. But the cast as a whole is. And you really have to give Meadows a lot of credit here as well. It's a feature of all of his works, just how relatable the characters are.

Just finished Narcos season 1. Uneven, but generally impressive first season. Will definitely watch season 2.

Binged It’s Always Sunny in Philadelphia season 10 over the weekend. Love that show so much. Amazing it’s still funny 10 seasons later. Any episode with Dennis being a freaky weirdo is my favourite.

The Leftovers season 1. Second attempt at this. Only got to ep 4 first time around. Found it relentlessly grim and a bit pretentious. Second time I still have my reservations but am enjoying it more.

Blunt Talk - 1st episode. Patrick Stewart is hilarious in this, especially the opening act. Very much hope the rest of the season follows suit.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The Leftovers season 1. Second attempt at this. Only got to ep 4 first time around. Found it relentlessly grim and a bit pretentious. Second time I still have my reservations but am enjoying it more.

I watched s1, and then when it came time to watch S02e01 I just decided that I couldn't be arsed.

Have actually dropped a load of shows I only watched because they were a show I watched this season. No more homeland or CSI

Blunt Talk - 1st episode. Patrick Stewart is hilarious in this, especially the opening act. Very much hope the rest of the season follows suit.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Blunt talk is great, episode 2 was a bit weak but it came roaring back. Loads of great characters in it.

Rick & Morty
I'm half way through series 2 of it. It has its moments but is kinda patchy. It isn't quite as funny/clever as it wants to be. It seems to owe much of its best to South Park and other forebears but I am curious to see if a third series improves on the first couple. I don't think the Simpsons or South Park fully came into their own until their 3rd series or even later.

Rick & Morty
I'm half way through series 2 of it.

I just finished up S2 at the weekend and thought it was surpassed S1. Can't wait for the next one.

CSI:Cyber is back for a second season & it's hitting it out of the ballpark with the ridiculousness of storylines. Best watched stoned & it turns in a comedy.

Finally getting around to Les Revenants, watched season 1 over the weekend.
revenant3.gif

I find it as great as people say although it all goes a bit Eastenders halfway through

I am currently working through the 7th series of Robot Chicken. It's patchy but has moments of genuine LOLs. I fear I am growing more and more out of touch with popular culture though, there are a load of GOT gags in it that go over my head for example.

watched Netflix all day yesterday cos it was such a shitty day. Got through the whole of 'Master of None', the netflix-commissioned series by Aziz Ansari.

I really enjoyed it. Ansari is only really capable of playing one character but when that character is as likeable as Tom Haverford, thats ok by me.

Its kind of a cross between Louie and Portlandia with a bit of Parks and Rec thrown in for good measure.

Deffo worth spending a rainy day watching it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back