What television series are you currently making your way through? (8 Viewers)

Does it pick up in Season 3? I feel like I'm supposed to like it, it does seem like something I'd like, but I just can't get into it. I did prefer season 1 to season 2 though.

Does it pick up in Season 3? I feel like I'm supposed to like it, it does seem like something I'd like, but I just can't get into it. I did prefer season 1 to season 2 though.

Season 2 is definitely weaker, but if you didn't like the first season, 3 & 4 probably won't do a whole lot for you either.

Breaking Bad is amazing. The best thing on tv, period. Yeah, early Season 2 is weaker, after the tour de force of Season 1, but my advice is stick with it, it's seriously awesome.

Up All Night

Likeable fluff with Will Arnett & Christina "Don't tell Mom, the babysitter's dead" Applegate

Parks & Recreation

Series 1 bored me to tears but I'm halfway through series 2 and the LOL ratio has tripled.

It must have been on the DVR a year but I eventually watched all 12 episodes of Edwardian Farm. Really liked it as well. Also loved Victorian Farm. Such a nerd.

Re-watching The Wire, boyfriend has never seen it, so started from the beginning with him. I'm finding it's more enjoyable second time around, because it's easier to keep track of who everyone is and not trying to figure out the lingo.

Just started watching Boss and it seems good so far.

Tried watching Burn Notice, but even Bruce Campbell can't save it for me. Maybe it's the dodgy "Oirish" accent of the main female character.

Watched the first couple of episodes of Hell On Wheels, but again the horrendous Irish accents made it unbearable!

So is it worth stickin' with?
yes. absolutely.
I must once again thank mr mormon nailer for recommending this. I've watched seasons 1 - 3 and 3° is greater than 2° but 2° was really great. I'm saving number 4 for some unknown reason but this show has become one of my favourites.
And to seal the deal i look uncannily like hank according to my much better half. I bought new glasses halfway through season three so she'd shut the fuck up everytime the open credits rolled but apparently that hasn't done it.
Hank is the fucking man though.

Jesus, don't show her this thread...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Series proper just started. Has pretty much everything anyone would ever want to see; Nazis, dinosaurs, talking dogs etc. Also, if you ever thought Edward G Robinson and Orson Welles needed to talk about ninjas more often, here's some Godfrey Ho type nonsense to rectify that. http://darkmaze.com/ninjathemissionforce/003.html

250px-The_O.C._Season_1_DVD_Cover.jpg

haven't seen this since 2005. still great.

Just started a bunch of things people have been telling me to check out

- Justified: solid, lighthearted show with Timothy Olyphant basically reprising his role from Deadwood. Enjoying it, but the missus bailed out because she couldn't keep up while hung over.
- Friday Night Lights: enjoyable, if a little soap opera-y.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back