What television series are you currently making your way through? (3 Viewers)

Friday Night Lights forms a major plot point in an episode of Up All Night.

Just thought i'd throw that out there.

Just started a bunch of things people have been telling me to check out

- Justified: solid, lighthearted show with Timothy Olyphant basically reprising his role from Deadwood. Enjoying it, but the missus bailed out because she couldn't keep up while hung over.

I wish I could talk in a southern accent like Boyd.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

dunno if this has made it to these parts somewhere. funny drunken speech by jonathan ames at writers guild awards a few weeks ago

seems as though fictional jonathon ames is more strongly based on real life jonathon ames than I thought judging from the footage

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

dunno if this has made it to these parts somewhere. funny drunken speech by jonathan ames at writers guild awards a few weeks ago

seems as though fictional jonathon ames is more strongly based on real life jonathon ames than I thought judging from the footage

I never heard of this guy so out of curiosity.I decided to check him out. I am going to give 'Bored to Death' a try after reading great reviews of the show - what channel is it on?

i watched the pilot episode of Luck last night. apparently it's been cancelled after three horses died during production
http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/breaking/2012/0315/breaking163.html

That's bizarre, I wonder if anything like that has happened before (i.e. series cancelled due to a dangerous set, as opposed to bad ratings). I'd only watched the pilot but it seemed a promising show. David Milch must feel like he's cursed or something, what with this and John From Cincinnati rapidly going belly-up.

That's bizarre, I wonder if anything like that has happened before (i.e. series cancelled due to a dangerous set, as opposed to bad ratings). I'd only watched the pilot but it seemed a promising show. David Milch must feel like he's cursed or something, what with this and John From Cincinnati rapidly going belly-up.
And Deadwood too!! He’s in talks to adapt a series of William Faulkner books into tv shows and movies. Ratings fail!

Battle Star Galactica. Finished the first season 2 weeks ago. Wonderful paranoia and great space opera. Must get started on season 2.

I see Yes, Prime Minister is set for a return.

Michael Noonan is clearly thrilled at the news. I, however, will hold judgement until I see an episode.

abstract_290411.jpg

Battle Star Galactica. Finished the first season 2 weeks ago. Wonderful paranoia and great space opera. Must get started on season 2.

I'm half-way through season 3 of BSG atm. Warning: Beginning of s3 is a bit of low point, I temporarily lost faith.

I started Game of Thrones

Hasn't grabbed me so far

Gonna give it a shot though

Give it a few episodes. Re-watching this (well I fell asleep watching episode one last night). Need a marathon watching session before next Monday's availability of season 2 via the 5-finger digital discount.

I started making my way through Fraiser (11 seasons) in January. Still as hilarious when I watched it back in the day, ages very well.

I wish I had a few note soundtrack so when ever I had an important idea like Sarah Lund it would play.

Little things that make the killing great: Lund wears boots she can run in (also falls), wears the same three jumpers and jeans, her hair is always in a ponytail and she genuinely looks tired.... BUT best of all, when she eats it looks like she hasn't in days because she devours it and talks with her mouth full. This makes it believable. You'd never get that in an American show because everyone needs to be pretty. Her being normal makes her more attractive than most leads. I heart Sarah Lund.

I wish I had a few note soundtrack so when ever I had an important idea like Sarah Lund it would play.

Little things that make the killing great: Lund wears boots she can run in (also falls), wears the same three jumpers and jeans, her hair is always in a ponytail and she genuinely looks tired.... BUT best of all, when she eats it looks like she hasn't in days because she devours it and talks with her mouth full. This makes it believable. You'd never get that in an American show because everyone needs to be pretty. Her being normal makes her more attractive than most leads. I heart Sarah Lund.

I'm most of the way though watching this. It's good but the thing I don't like about it is that it goes on for 20 episodes so its completely obvious that the guy who is the suspect in Episode 2 is not the guy who did it. Nor the new suspect in Episode 4. Nor the one in Episode 6. Etc etc. In fact the whole plot about the mayoral election is more interesting than the murder .... Still enjoying it mind you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back