What television series are you currently making your way through? (7 Viewers)

I've been marathoning Chuck. Its bloody awful, but I love it. Partly because spies, and partly because I don't know if I've ever fancied someone as much as Zachary Levi

giphy.gif

o_____________o

i don't know what other thread to put this in

we don't have an OITNB thread do we?

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

3 episodes into True Detective. Not sure about it at all. The two main guys are so annoying and I can't understand half of what they say. I realise that this is all on me and not bad tv making.

3 episodes into True Detective. Not sure about it at all. The two main guys are so annoying and I can't understand half of what they say. I realise that this is all on me and not bad tv making.
ah man.
:(

I love that Southern Gothic stuff. Must give it another watch.

COSMOS A PERSONAL JOURNEY

My folks got me dictionaries and encyclopedias so I can't blame them for not hipping me to this unbelievable show from 1980..it just didn'texist in Ireland.

COSMOS A PERSONAL JOURNEY

My folks got me dictionaries and encyclopedias so I can't blame them for not hipping me to this unbelievable show from 1980..it just didn'texist in Ireland.

it was shown on RTE on sunday nights at some point pre-81

Four episodes into Daredevil. Very good so far - the scrap at the end of episode 2 was really well put together. Single take?

Close enough.

A bit of a departure from the tone of Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D., and a million miles from Agent Carter.

Four episodes into Daredevil. Very good so far - the scrap at the end of episode 2 was really well put together.

A bit of a departure from the tone of Agents Of S.H.I.E.L.D., and a million miles from Agent Carter.

I've seen the first two, and I agree with you on that fight scene. It struck me as being quite different to a lot you see of that type.

If feels a lot more like Gotham than the other two

he scrap at the end of episode 2 was really well put together. Single take?

Close enough.

I was just about to ask you about that one-shot scene.

I think this was what started defining the show for me, and the weight that was being played into it. Phil Abraham was directing, and it was always scripted that this scene was going to be a one-shot. For me in my head, with the time, we had, I said let’s do wipes and we’ll be able save things. But Phil challenged us to do a pure one-shot, which really just brought a grounded real feeling to the whole thing. We were able to slow down the fight, and just have this raw, animalistic feeling happening.

So it was genuinely one shot? No cuts?

No cuts. We did do a few Texas Switches between our actor and our stunt double, but it was purely a one shot fight. There were no cuts in that fight. Every performer, the actors and the stunt doubles, were in there performing that fight full on. I’d say there was a minimum of 105 beats, and they killed it.

And how many takes did you have to shoot?

I feel like our magic number was take around 7 or 8.

That must have taken some planning.

Well it was tight, because yeah a good amount of planning had to go into it but again, we had such a short amount of time to do that planning. We had maybe a few days to set up that fight. You know, most feature films would get weeks to rehearse something like this. Even the remake of Oldboy probably had at least a couple weeks to plan this. We had literally days. I felt like the New York stunt community stepped up in a big way. To me, it’s going to be a highlight of the show.

http://observer.com/2015/04/daredevil-stunt-coordinator-on-designing-a-one-shot-fight-scene-for-a-blind-hero/

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back