What television series are you currently making your way through? (12 Viewers)

i'd say her character is better than titus

he has a lot of super-weak material
Titus's song "Pinot Noir" was a highlight for me. My face was hurting I was laughing so much. And it's also a good tune and that
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Been catching up on a few good shows recently.

Inside no 9 - Anthology style show by the League of Gentlemen guys, Their usual brand of macabre comedy. Very good.

Justified - Aces.

Toast of London - The always great Matt Berry plays a pompous, womanising buffoon of an actor,

About to start watching Bloodlines which looks good and has a great cast.

Danger 5. Very silly comedy, set in sixteys about group of (not very good) spies/agents...twarting the nazi's & kill Hitler.

From dusk to dawn.
Interesting concept (initally) from film, fleshes out Gecko bros a bit, but Late in the Series Jake Busey arrives & whole show gets too ridiculous. Yep, really.

Dong is my favourite too, I want to marry him. Also the daddy's boy bit made me laugh so much.

accentally quoted your message in there too 7, from a different thread. was gonna respond with h-birthday but realised i already did. apols for non tv specific content

Yeah but does that make it alright? If it wasn't written by the bullet proof Tina Fey (who I do really like) would it be causing a ruckus?

It has caused a ruckus. Plenty been written on it.

The show is actively looking for uncomfortable topics to get humour from. Look at the back story - freed sex slave takes on Manhattan with naive brio?
It walks a fine line for sure, but you can't move a midwest white girl to NY and not have her encounter race. Plenty of humour from the gay characters too.
Worked fine for me, but I'm a middle class white guy.

Also a show can have an ill-judged joke or two without having to be completely written off.

I am about to catch up with the latest episodes of Brooklyn 99. I may have just watched too many episodes of it in one sitting but S2 definitely seems less funny than S1. I think the cast is excellent, though and at its best it is very funny and even sweet. The Boyle character in particular is surprisingly well realised. He started out seeming to be this odd caricature but over time the character has been fleshed out somewhat.

I am about to catch up with the latest episodes of Brooklyn 99. I may have just watched too many episodes of it in one sitting but S2 definitely seems less funny than S1. I think the cast is excellent, though and at its best it is very funny and even sweet. The Boyle character in particular is surprisingly well realised. He started out seeming to be this odd caricature but over time the character has been fleshed out somewhat.
loved season 1. thought season 2 was a bit lacking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back