What records did you listen to today? (2 Viewers)

• Thread starter tim
  • Start date
  • Replies 4K
  • Views 289K
  • Watchers 25
hahahahaha, i'm done with all that fiddly stuff and messing with audacity.

I use an ipod and Belkin Tunetalk Stereo which is a recording device with an input. I just hook it up to the headphone jack on my record player.

STD1_F8Z082-BLK.jpg

It records wav files at high enough quality (cd quality allegedly) and works fine for me. Then it's just a matter of copying the files across and converting to mp3.

Cabbagewater Bank: Take that to the bank
Tin Tacks: Mans' Laughter
Bong Crosby: Brown Christmas
Bladderwrack: I didn't know what to do... so I dumped on you
Cry Baby Cry....Baby: No-one
Fortune Tellers: Evil eye fulfilled
Transfatty: Acid
Raging Bullshit: Tell us the real truth

Sandinista_album_cover.jpeg

I'm listening to a vinyl version of this cos I just hooked up the aul' turntable again. I thought this was supposed to be shit? Its fucking great. Its so mental - schizophrenic I mean. I love it when bands have huge reactions to making their "best" album and then produce something thats good in a completely different way. That said... London Calling was also long and quite eclectic... anyway: Sandinista! is very enjoyable.

I must also say that the turntable sounds excellent.

Die Kreuzen-1st lp
Pearls And Brass-the indian tower lp
Witchcraft-firewood lp
Witchcraft-if crimson was your colour 7"
QOTSA-era vulgaris cd

tracklisting on that is a bit.... forced.... don't you think? Any good sleevenotes?

heheh, seven tracks entitled 'Halloween' in succession.

Seven pages of sleevenotes. Spooky.

The Just Can't Get Enough: New Wave Hits Of The '80s series is great though. As is Super Hits Of The '70s: Have A Nice Day. Go Rhino!

only available singularly though right? There's like 17 or something of them. Always want to get some of them but never do

there's 15 volumes. No box set.
I picked most of them up as they came out [Tower used have them] and got the others off ebay.

11, 12, 13 and 14 seem to be the only ones still in print.

The others are available used although 7 is the rarest [have seen it go for $60] due to the inclusion of Animal Nightlife's Love Is The Great Pretender. There's some story behind it that I can't remember. It's probably the worst volume of the series.

A number of the tracks ended up in Rhino's Like Omigod! The 80s Pop Culture box.
A similar story for the 70s volumes [25 in that series] and the Have A Nice Decade: The 70s Pop Culture box - think 77 tracks overlapped.

i've been listening to a lot of ambient music all week:

brian eno - ambient 4: on land - i had never heard this album before. mind = blown

labradford - fixed:content - this is my favourite labradford album

shwantology 1, 2 and 3 - ambient mixes by droid+slug (1 and 2) and the fear (3) (downloaded from weareie.com) - amazing

dj olive - sleep

windy and carl - conciousness

FFWD - FFWD - robert fripp, thomas fehlmann and the orb. superb album. in my all time top ten

new erik friedlander 'block ice & propane' - f'n amazing. as much like steel-string guitar as solo cello
the necks - townsville, in anticipation of the weekend. maybe their best live cd release.
hafler trio - cleave: 9 great openings
paul metzger - deliverance - new solo banjo disc on locustmusic. better overall than '3 improvisations'

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back