What movie did you watch last night? (10 Viewers)

Good Luck Chuck

Funnier than I expected and there were a couple of moments in that were pretty wierd for this type of romantic comedy. I'm not a Dane Cook fan but he is pretty personable in this. And there Jessica Alba too.

die hard 4.0. really enjoyed it. i heart explosions. also the requisite Evil Genius was Ridiculously Fucking Hot.

Good Luck Chuck

Funnier than I expected and there were a couple of moments in that were pretty wierd for this type of romantic comedy. I'm not a Dane Cook fan but he is pretty personable in this. And there Jessica Alba too.

I was looking at the IMDB page for this

Someone has put "non statutory female on male rape" as a plot keyword. Vary strange.

finally got round to watching Metropolis. Load of bollocks!

ah i'm only messing.it's pretty good.amazing that it's 1927 or whatever.no battleship potemkin though

also recently Interview, Knocked Up, the Painted Veil and Away From Her.all good, especially the latter.

AND i saw the new print of Blade Runner in the States last week.bloody brilliant! great to see it in the cinema

The Assassination Of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford.

Looks pretty cool-well it looks like Heaven's Gate-but it's faaaar too long and ponderous. Would have benefitted by some decent editing. Great performances by Brad Pitt and Sam Rockwell though and an excellent score by Nick Cave & Warren Ellis. Yer classic 6/10.

Sideways - brilliant

sideways1.jpg

Aaltra.

Blackly humourous Belgian road-movie about two bitter wheelchair-bound chaps travelling to Finland to get compensation from the tractor manufacturer who they believe is responsible for their accident. One for fans of early Wenders, Jarmusch and Aki Kaurismaki. The latter has a brief cameo.

I seriously don't understand the love of this movie. I thought it was painful to sit through.

I totally agree. I didn't really like it, and I don't understand why it's so highly regarded. It's okay and stuff, but I just don't see where it's amazing, or how it differs in any way from that jaded, aging Gen-X coulda-been-shoulda-been-somebody stuff, all of which is mediocre because the characters are so unlikeable. I think people think they're 'real' because they're flawed, but like Vonnegut says, you gotta always give us one character we can root for. I know he says those rules are made to be broken, but you know, I just needed someone to root for, and I thought they were all, not too 'flawed' but just too boring to bother my arse doing any mental cheerleading.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back