What movie did you watch last night? (4 Viewers)

112342_1186558720752.jpg

meh.

Ghosts of Cité Soleil
No End in Sight

both quite good, no end in sight is the better of the two. Ghosts of Cite Soleil is very like city of god......only real

A Bronx Tales
De Niro's debut as director.
Good overall but a bit schmoltzy in places.
If you happen to find it already downloaded on your flatmates laptop then i say watch it.

Watched "Sicko".

Usual Michael Moore bias but you still can't help thinking how lucky we are to have our health system.

I KNOW, I KNOW but seriously, if you're condition is immediately life threatening you will be treated in a hospital here no matter who you are.

Some scary stories of how private insurance companies were doing doing all they could to get out of paying for anything.

I did have the benefit of watching it with a doctor so when Moore had some people on talking about how the bastard insurance company wouldn't pay for potentially life saving drugs or treatment cos they were deemed to be "experimental", my doctor friend would tell me "Actually, that IS highly experimental. Doctors here wouldn't even offer you that option".

Having said that, she was generally appalled at their system & said she couldn't work somewhere where you had to clear an insurance form before treating someone.

and yesterday on Joe Duffy I hear some guy from the VHI saying things like "Well this is standard practice, in america......" in defence of shitty treatment. Stupid.

Saw Sicko and 30 Days Of Night today.

Sicko was probably the least annoying Moore documentary but it seems the least cinematic of his films.

Relatively mild for the most part.

30 Days.... was pretty good. Danny Huston was great as the lead vampire even if he did look like an undead Neil Tennant of the Pet Shop Boys.

Also, Angel from Home & Away has still got it!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
- it was all a bit napoleon dynamite, but i enjoyed it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back