What movie did you watch last night? (5 Viewers)

I think it's very much a guy's film. Kind of like "Die Hard". I was rooting for Paul Giamatti's charater the whole way. Unlike, say About Schmidt, in which the character just wasn't root-for-able at all, though I did like that film for other reasons.

Aaltra.

Blackly humourous Belgian road-movie about two bitter wheelchair-bound chaps travelling to Finland to get compensation from the tractor manufacturer who they believe is responsible for their accident. One for fans of early Wenders, Jarmusch and Aki Kaurismaki. The latter has a brief cameo.

thats sounds class! in a similar vein didya like "the man without a past" and "elling"?
i really dig that scandanavian humour:)

network.jpg

First time I'd seen it too.
Very good.

i watched jersey girl last night. wasn't as bad as everyone said. wasn't great either.

Oy am Beowolf, and oym ‘ere ta kill yoh monstah!

Good craic, probably should only be watched in 3D though, which I didn’t get to do. Grendle is my new favourite MONSTAH.

Last 2 weeks,

Ghost rider- baaaaahhhdd. Not even funny bad. Sam elliots in it though.

Flags of our fathers and Letters from Iwo Jima- Very good, hell of a project too.

Finally go to see A Guide to Recognising your Saints. Terriffic casting.

And Knocked Up. I cried like a little girl.

In the last week or so:

Death at a Funeral -- Entertaining but not as funny as I thought it would be.
Interview -- Painful to sit through. I usually love dialogue movies but this was just pointless.
Into the Wild -- Nice scenery, pretentious voice over and too much Eddie Vedder for my liking.
Eastern Promises -- Rather enjoyed it despite figuring it out in the first few minutes.
How about you -- I went because it was an Irish film. It had it's moments but overall it was pretty bad. Vanessa Redgrave and Josh Ackland saved it from being completely terrible.
Garage -- I thought this film was brilliant. I admit, I cried.
American Gangster -- Enjoyed it but I love gangster movies so it doesn't take much.

I really hate 21 Grams. The weight of its own [SIZE=-1]grandiloquence just murdered it stone dead. It felt felt as long as a Nels Cline guitar solo, but with even less sense of direction.*[/SIZE]

Strangely, I've seen most of same films as Hayworth claims to have seen recently and I have similar opinions. American Gangster was very entertaining. Needles - yuck!
How About You was a life-affirming hoot. I especially liked the Fair City woman who dies at the start. She really shows us how to live while we can! Ruined by Vanessa Redgrave's amateurish acting which is totally put in the shade by the aforementioned Rocky Dennis lookalike from Dublin's cherished soap.
The young chick is, as you Irish say, smokin'.

*Sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back