What movie did you watch last night? (7 Viewers)

i watched "black gold"

it's about coffee and stuff.

not the best or most in depth but it was good. I'd be surprised if you learn that much from it.

what didn't you like?

a few people here don't like this movie.

I love it.

I thought [SIZE=-1]Eric Bogosian's performance was good but I didn't like his character's seemingly directionless anger and misanthropy. It was kinda hard to see why he's pissed at something when he's pissed at everything.[/SIZE]

And the way it ended, I didn't really buy it. John C. McGinley doesn't seem to have aged at all in the past 20 years.

A rare opportunity to see the director's cut with almost 40 minutes extra footage.

The_swarm_poster.JPG

I thought [SIZE=-1]Eric Bogosian's performance was good but I didn't like his character's seemingly directionless anger and misanthropy. It was kinda hard to see why he's pissed at something when he's pissed at everything.[/SIZE]

And the way it ended, I didn't really buy it. John C. McGinley doesn't seem to have aged at all in the past 20 years.

Was this film not based on a true story?

I loved it though.

Funny to see B-Movie king Michael Wincott as the metal-kid who comes into the studio.

i watched The Fountain.

don't waste your time, people. if you like directors who make films as a form of gratifying themselves and themselves alone, then go. Darren Aronofsky should be ashamed of himself.

The_Fountain%20-%20Poster.jpg

it is visually stimulating at times, but the cgi stuff does get a bit boring.
in general, not enough dialogue and when there is- it's very superficial.

bland and blah.

RUH!

i watched The Fountain.

don't waste your time, people. if you like directors who make films as a form of gratifying themselves and themselves alone, then go. Darren Aronofsky should be ashamed of himself.

The_Fountain%20-%20Poster.jpg

it is visually stimulating at times, but the cgi stuff does get a bit boring.
in general, not enough dialogue and when there is- it's very superficial.

bland and blah.

RUH!

Yeah - really dull film. 'The Big Blue' for the noughties.

This is England.

Very good film and a great performance from Stephen Graham as Combo, he is the same guy who was in Snatch.
The detail to the 80's was excellent...it really did feel as if it was made in the 80's and not last year.
One thing that did rile me was at times the film was shot in the Royle family style.....also appeared a wee bit short.
8/10

Finally got to see the second half of Hot Fuzz - thought it was nowhere near as funny as it thought it was, but good fun all the same.

Oh I saw this, Bogosian made it to a screenplay, and got Liev Schreiber to play the DJ dude.
Then the cast came out and had chats with people after, cause it was one of the first performances. He seemed alright.

The play was good enough too, well done. I am not normally into plays, but, this was good.

The lives of Others in the cinema the other day aaamaaazing film, makes me want to find lots of books and info on the Stasi.... suggestions most welcomed. I was having to do a lot of furious blinking to stop the tears streaming.

also re-watched Man bite Dog, entertaining enough but not as good as I remembered it, kinda looses momentum half way through but then picks up again.

Not particularly.

The book is STASI: The Untold Story of the East German Secret Police by John Koehler.

NYTimes printed the first chapter

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back