What movie did you watch last night? (1 Viewer)

paris, je t'aime - this was fun. a couple of crap segments, but steve buscemi saved the day again. the natalie portman one was really good too.

Really enjoyed this. Could have trimmed a few alright, but most were decent.

Last night i watched Volver. Bit shit. Arthouse Days of our Lives.

3189YHRYS2L._AA219_.jpg

windstruck. korean movies can be a bit bizarre. this is about a girl who became a police officer because her twin sister died (and that was her wish). she meets a guy, he dies and then comes back as the wind. jun ji-hyon (from my sassy girl) manages to pull it off.

51WYAeqFEdL._AA240_.jpg

off the black. this felt a bit like a sunday tv movie. nick nolte is old and alone. he befriends a high school kid and brings him to his class reunion pretending to be his father. there are worse ways to spend ninety minutes.

51JVRG3NVSL._AA240_.jpg

une femme est une femme. lots of people seem to hate godard, i don't know why. this was quite different from his others i've seen. it's in color for one. a hollywood musical type soundtrack. very fun. anna karina is amazing.

BABEL - mega yawn.

MUNICH - mega killing and paranoia, thought leaving any possible political right and wrongs aside for 3 hours or so.

Grizzly_Man_Poster.jpg

equal parts loved and hated it.

treadwells footage was gorgeous, he was like an excited child around the bears and whilst i thought he'd annoy me he didnt at all.
the director/narrator wener herzog on the other hand annoyed me no end. his style of filming friends and family of timothy treadwell was nothing short of a joke. so obviously scripted for dramatic effect, it took away any sense of real emotion and we're left instead with a series of interviews with little or no conviction.
the coroner's scenes were a fucking travesty, he played the part like an extra from re-animator.
the scene which bothered me in particular though was when treadwell's ex girlfriend is playing the audio of him getting killed by the bear. whilst the audio must of been awful to hear to say the least, surely its not for him to suggest on camera that the tape should be destroyed.
isnt the point of being a documentary film maker is to mantain a distance from the subjects and to be as objective as possible? he talks all over this film and interprets things for us instead of allowing the viewer to take it in themselves.
bah.

Grizzly_Man_Poster.jpg

equal parts loved and hated it.

treadwells footage was gorgeous, he was like an excited child around the bears and whilst i thought he'd annoy me he didnt at all.
the director/narrator wener herzog on the other hand annoyed me no end. his style of filming friends and family of timothy treadwell was nothing short of a joke. so obviously scripted for dramatic effect, it took away any sense of real emotion and we're left instead with a series of interviews with little or no conviction.
the coroner's scenes were a fucking travesty, he played the part like an extra from re-animator.
the scene which bothered me in particular though was when treadwell's ex girlfriend is playing the audio of him getting killed by the bear. whilst the audio must of been awful to hear to say the least, surely its not for him to suggest on camera that the tape should be destroyed.
isnt the point of being a documentary film maker is to mantain a distance from the subjects and to be as objective as possible? he talks all over this film and interprets things for us instead of allowing the viewer to take it in themselves.
bah.

That's Herzog's style.

Never let 'the truth' get in the way of a good story. I love his voice & would gladly pay to hear him read the phone book.

Did you see that interview with him, i think it was the Culture Show. Him and the interviewer were standing on a hill in los angeles and somone shot Herzog in the leg with an air rifle. It was very funny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back