What movie did you watch last night? (10 Viewers)

During the weekend: Palindromes (bit of a let down,was expecting more) Little Rascals (always will be a classic to me) & Volver (superb)

Yesterday/Today: 300 (download. fantastic) Hot Fuzz (tis no Shaun Of The Dead) and making my way through The Wire - Season 1

As you can see, my study for my exams is going fantastically.

'Talk radio' is a load of old shite.

Anyway...'L'humanite'. A bit disappointing. Mark Cousins called it one of the best films of the nineties. Hardly. The lead character seemd more dumb than depressed. A slow-moving emotional puzzler.

The night before - 'No End'. I'm eating up Kieslowski at the moment but this was quite dull and hard to follow.
Before that 'love is the devil', with Derek Jacobi as Francis Bacon. Some nice acting, but disgustingly stylized. A horrible little film.

'Talk radio' is a load of old shite.

Anyway...'L'humanite'. A bit disappointing. Mark Cousins called it one of the best films of the nineties. Hardly. The lead character seemd more dumb than depressed. A slow-moving emotional puzzler.

The night before - 'No End'. I'm eating up Kieslowski at the moment but this was quite dull and hard to follow.
Before that 'love is the devil', with Derek Jacobi as Francis Bacon. Some nice acting, but disgustingly stylized. A horrible little film.

Bad coupla days

last few days i've watched:

40 year old virgin - have watched this a trillion times but its still .|..|

the queen- really liked this..thought michael sheen was deadly as tony blair..where was his oscar?

crazy/beautiful- because i needed to turn off my brain

magicians- not as awful as i'd heard but still no peep show

am now working my way through season 1 of arrested development..havent seen it in ages so its as funny as ever..

going to start on 24 season 2 this afternoon..took us 6 months to get through season 1 so god knows when we'll finish this one..

productive weekend eh?

watched bobby the other night, amazing cast totally put to waste, felt like the middle half of magnolia but with no plot or purpose.
emilio estevez of all people directed it, real self indulgent tripe, has anyone else seen it? i felt like i was watching crash. every 10 minutes a character would have an ephiphany or turning point in their life.
and helen hunt.... AAAGGGHHHHH!

watched bobby the other night, amazing cast totally put to waste, felt like the middle half of magnolia but with no plot or purpose.
emilio estevez of all people directed it, real self indulgent tripe, has anyone else seen it? i felt like i was watching crash. every 10 minutes a character would have an ephiphany or turning point in their life.
and helen hunt.... AAAGGGHHHHH!

I thought it was very good.

the darkroom on tv. missed the last 30-40 minuets cos i'd to go to work. film was shit. supposed "horror". far from it.

team america. fuck yeah!!!
earlier, american ninja2-the confrontation. a film so, mind-boggling-ly bad, it becomes absolute comedy gold.

paris, je t'aime - this was fun. a couple of crap segments, but steve buscemi saved the day again. the natalie portman one was really good too.

mean creek - this was going really well for 90 minutes, then the lack of ending just felt a bit lazy. it made me want to watch bully again.

through a glass darkly - this looked amazing, great acting, a little on the slow side. nice for passing a wet sunday afternoon.

paris, je t'aime - this was fun. a couple of crap segments, but steve buscemi saved the day again. the natalie portman one was really good too.

im dying to see this..sounds like an interesting idea and if one of the stories is boring at least it's short enough..dunno when its out over here tho...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back