What movie did you watch last night? (6 Viewers)

The other night we watched Cookie's Fortune and The Assassination of Richard Nixon, though we should have watched the latter first and the former second because the Assassination was really fucking depressing. Sean Penn is an incredible actor, for real.

Very, very good, but really depressing, whereas the latter was fucking hilarious. I had a very bad, smashy smashy car crash in the town where it was filmed, too, which made it all the more twisted for me to watch. It was great, though. Fucking Julianne Moore and Liv Tyler are amazing in it. But Wanda and Eddie 'The Expert' kind of steal the show, even though they're pretty minor characters. And the lawyer. Fuck, no, it's just great.

That's the one with the dead old woman and the awful production of Salome?

Seen Children Of Men last night, very well shot with good acting just the ending was a bit of a cop out for me. Id recommend it all the same

watched dodgeball again, hadn't seen it in ages, and maby i just wasn't in the mood for it. found it dragged in places. still some great lines in it.

i watched night at the museum - pleasantly surprised thought it'd be a case of too many cooks but if you have children i reckon they'd think its the best film ever. Robin Williams has some great lines as Ted Roosevelt. then i watched flushed away. I was very disappointed as it had no jokes at all and the box wouldn't tell me who was voicing the main character and it was annoying the fuck out of me. i won't be looking it up now out of spite.

i watched flushed away. I was very disappointed as it had no jokes at all and the box wouldn't tell me who was voicing the main character and it was annoying the fuck out of me. i won't be looking it up now out of spite.

doesn't shane richie do one of the voices in it?that alone is enough to make me never ever ever watch it...

judge dread. i had planned on taping it then just watched the whole thing. late for work so it wasnt all bad

strangely enough about two weeks ago i dug out my vhs copy of this i recorded off network 2 yonks ago. really wanted to see it again. its such bollocks. it was the best thing ever when i was 13 but seeing it now was just painful.

"i knew you'd say that"

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

'Dillinger', the MIlius one from the early 70s. Cracking film with too much great character actors cramped into the one car. Crackling dialogue.

Watching Warren Oates beating up Richard Dreyfuss(Baby Face Nelson) was very enjoyable. Apparently being beaten up by Oates onscreen was considered a bit of an honour.

Further testament to Oates genius.

i watched scream 2 on channel 4, i still haven't quite figured out why... although it is mildly entertaining until the film geek guy gets it, the only person to root for in the three movies... they should make a fourth and just kill neve campbell

'Dillinger', the MIlius one from the early 70s. Cracking film with too much great character actors cramped into the one car. Crackling dialogue.

Watching Warren Oates beating up Richard Dreyfuss(Baby Face Nelson) was very enjoyable. Apparently being beaten up by Oates onscreen was considered a bit of an honour.

Further testament to Oates genius.

Very good film, is overlooked when compared to 1940s version.

i'm usually pretty tolerant of bad movies, and stupidly enjoy many (it's pat!) but reno 911 has to be the most awful thing i've *ever* seen.

there are approximately 3 funny bits, each one is in the trailer. the rest is just unbelievably poor.

only one guy in the cinema was laughing, and he was totally freaking out laughing, but that was it.....

I watched Riding Giants during the week, excellent movie/doc, really well made and really interesting. I'd recommend it to anyone whether they're into surfing or not.

riding%20giants.jpg

i'm usually pretty tolerant of bad movies, and stupidly enjoy many (it's pat!) but reno 911 has to be the most awful thing i've *ever* seen.

there are approximately 3 funny bits, each one is in the trailer. the rest is just unbelievably poor.

only one guy in the cinema was laughing, and he was totally freaking out laughing, but that was it.....

na, was better than that, but still far from classic or anything..

saw straightheads, meh. didn't like the way both characters changed,whitch was badly done. and it rambled on for several parts. one to rent, if, there's nothing on the telly. and nothing else in video shop.

Fucking TV3.

Intimate Strangers - transmitted Saturday night 28th April / Sunday morning 29th April 12:35am - 2.25am.

This was listed as being the 1977 movie starring Larry Hagman as an abusive husband and the continuity announcer said the same just before the film started. However what we saw was the 1986 movie of the same name which starred Stacy Keach. A totally different plot.

Do you have any plans to broadcast the correct (1977) version?

Pricks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back