What movie did you watch last night? (17 Viewers)

Watched syriana again and it was deadly again. My first bluray movie.

Can anyone explain exactly who christopher plummer was / worked for?

'Carrington'. Twice. Flawless film.

Jonathan Pryce as Lytton Strachey - such a submerged performance. Hilarious too - had me tittering like a right twit. One of the best pieces of acting. Possibly ever.

Sample dialogue

Lytton: I'm very impulsive. I once asked Virginia Woolf to marry me...

Carrington: I take it she said no.

Lytton: No. No, she accepted - it was ghastly.

Never would have imagined one of the best films I've seen in a while would star Emma bloody Thompson. But there you go.

Carrington eh? Must give that a ging. What's wrong with Emma Thompson? Fantastic actress.

I'm more than halfway through Bergman's 6hr 'Fanny and Alexander'. Am watching an hour a night when i can.brilliant stuff.almost perfect in every way so far.

didn't post the cover coz i didn't want to be typing 'fanny' into google while in work:eek:

just finished watching the main feature

CompleteMontereyPop.jpg

re-watched some Educational Archives shorts
comments from mondo-digital.com

Purely Coincidental
offers an O. Henry style examination of two employees, one at a pet food factory and the other at a baby food company, whose paths cross in a most unexpected fashion

The Last Prom
An incredible 1980 update of the old black and white chestnut about the ultimate bad date. Obviously made in the wake of Carrie and Suspiria, this one outdoes its predecessor in every way and leaves a lingering, creepy feeling long after the final 22nd chilling minute has passed. Pretty young Sandy looks forward to her prom date with Bill, and they decide to double date in his van with two friends, Jim and Judy. Accompanied by a gradually darkening choir score, we follow Sandy's preparations for the big night. After some dancing and laughter, they decide to go for a drive and pop out the beers... The message here may be familiar stuff, but you can't say the same thing for the execution. Though the crash aftermath footage features some grueling gore effects (with that freaky music again), the real highlight is the climactic crash itself, featuring a haunting freeze frame that would do Dario Argento proud. One of the last truly great scare films, this was still terrorizing classrooms well into the late '80s before 16mm projectors were widely retired.

The ABC Of Sex Education For Trainables
bizarre, thoroughly unexpected which kicks off with a female teacher urging a conference room of teachers to rattle off slang terms for the male member, followed by a study of how to broach the subject of the birds and the bees with the mentally impaired. Revealing, bracing stuff,

Youth Suicide Fantasy -
a perfect encapsulation of the logic-free heavy metal hysteria that shook parents in the 1980s. Shot on video, this half-hour jawdropper presents two brothers plugging their book, Why Knock Rock, while bashing such acts as Motley Crue, Prince, KISS (whose name gets a funny explanation here countering the usual Knights in Satan's Service myth), AC/DC, the Rolling Stones (with a young, crotch-grabbing shot of Jagger offered as proof of his decadence), and several no-name bands.
ls. The mind reels.

last few nights ive watched

c_apocalypto_teaser_cartel.jpg

reasonably good but suffered as a result of being shot partly on hd.

poster1.jpg

good film, foxy black women with afros sipping martini's.

pans_labyrinth_ver3.jpg

decent enough but ridiculously overrated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back