What movie did you watch last night? (8 Viewers)

Went to see Saw2 in Dundrum. Enjoyed the film. Loved the first one and wasn't too into this one at first, mainly coz of the big butch dude. That type of character is too overdone imo. Still, the ending more than made up for it.

Oh, and 9.30euro for a fucking film!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WTF??????????????

Pete, I need a bigger font!

Barry Lyndon. Good shit. Shot using only available light (check out the candlelight scenes, they had to get NASA to develop a new lens f/0.95 - I think to shoot them - nuts)
Soundtrack also great, the repetition of variations on Sarabande in key scenes is a nice touch.

ghosts of mars. rubbish. but then i saw an ad for war of the worlds on dvd. next dvd purchase in the bag. result!!!!!

beetlejuice..forgot how deadly it was..

but im a cheerleader..deadly film..even if this lady was one of the producers:

tori.jpg

wings for wheels: the making of born to run

starts off really crap and boring and clichéd ("this album had to be big...", "its about getting out, getting away...", etc) buts gets good in the middle when he starts going into talking about the writing and recording process. he has an amazing quote about how simplified the music was and how orchestrated it was so that even though it wasn;t spontaneous in the studio, its quality would be spontaneous to the listener, which i thought was one of the most intelligent things i've ever heard said about pop music. he (bruce) also points out that the entire album could take place on the same imaginary long hot summer night. fucking genius.

The Constant Gardener
Was great. One or two plot holes, a bit moralistic, but other wise fantastic. Gorgeous photography.

Go and see it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back