What movie did you watch last night? (8 Viewers)

Saw 'Birth' - decent enough but kinda left me cold.
and 'Man About Dog' - a few laughs but suffers from a very average script.

just watched Terminator for the first time since I was about 7. nearly died from the amount of hot michael biehn in it. i don't think I've ever swooned so much in my life.

chutneyfarmer said:
Last night i had the pleasure of watching The Butterfly Effect. Twas waaaaaay better than i expected, especially Ashton Kutcher's acting! I was expecting a keanu-esque performance but he actually is quite good in it. The different outcomes were pretty interesting, and you could see why the would turn out that way (if you've seen the film, you know what i mean). Also, the mood of the film was a lot darker than i thought it would be, which was cool.

What did everyone else think of it?
I actually thought it was good, with the exception of kutcher. Couldn't take him seriously at all. That said, i am a 70s Show fanatic, so it would be hard for me to take him seriously out of character.

Myself, i watched Capturing The Friedmans for the second time. Such a class piece of work.

Watched the directors cut of Donnie Darko last night. Much better than the other version. I still don't get why the release was put off after september 11th though.

Also watched Ghostbusters. I think the last time I saw it was in the cinema. It is fantastic! There are loads of brilliant one liners in it.

Super Dexta said:
just watched Terminator for the first time since I was about 7. nearly died from the amount of hot michael biehn in it. i don't think I've ever swooned so much in my life.

Yeah there's this one really cool scene with Michael Biehn and Linda Hamilton in it, where they're both in a motel room, it's great.

Cormcolash said:
Yeah there's this one really cool scene with Michael Biehn and Linda Hamilton in it, where they're both in a motel room, it's great.
One of the most excrutiatingly awful sex scenes I've ever encountered, especially the closeups of the hands clasping. Dreadful. A big dirty blemish.

chutneyfarmer said:
Last night i had the pleasure of watching The Butterfly Effect. Twas waaaaaay better than i expected, especially Ashton Kutcher's acting! I was expecting a keanu-esque performance but he actually is quite good in it. The different outcomes were pretty interesting, and you could see why the would turn out that way (if you've seen the film, you know what i mean). Also, the mood of the film was a lot darker than i thought it would be, which was cool.

What did everyone else think of it?

I saw this and though it was watchable but predictable (time change, multiple realies - the fortune teller telling him he's already dead etc.). The alternate happy ending is dreadfull, the DVD release ending less so. Cuthcer is awfull wanker though!

I haven't sat down to watch a good film in ages!

and I've made the tragic mistake of watching the last two sunday night offerings of TV3s irish film season. namely, "the halo effect", which was not only ABSOLUTELY pointless and utterly dreadful, but was also a squanderous waste of some good acting ability. one of the biggest wastes of my time, well, ever.. and the shameful thing is that it could very possibly have made an interesting little movie. then last night, the informant. a bit more watchable, but ultimately it didn't really boil down into much more than shite as well, thanks to some entirely unbelievable main characters..

gonna watch the GG allin doc 'hated' tonight methinks.

spiritualtramp said:
Watched the directors cut of Donnie Darko last night. Much better than the other version. I still don't get why the release was put off after september 11th though.

Also watched Ghostbusters. I think the last time I saw it was in the cinema. It is fantastic! There are loads of brilliant one liners in it.

what is better about the Donnie Darko extended cut?
Does it explain things more

saw Ghostbusters in cinema too. Must have been 1984. They had to bring in extra wooden chairs

Jimmy Magee said:
One of the most excrutiatingly awful sex scenes I've ever encountered, especially the closeups of the hands clasping. Dreadful. A big dirty blemish.
that's a luvly sex scene. especially the two hands clasping. because it's got michael biehn in de nip in it. mmmmmmm.

Super Dexta said:
that's a luvly sex scene. especially the two hands clasping. because it's got michael biehn in de nip in it. mmmmmmm.

remind me again about the thing in terminator? turned out he was actually fucking his mothers son's best brother in the future-past?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back