What movie did you watch last night? (14 Viewers)

Cormcolash said:
Haha I have to get a hold of that, nice to see the WWE is discouraging racial stereotypes.

http://thumped.com/filezzz/rr/arab.wmv

http://www.7days.ae/20050119/Local/SHOW.SLAMMED.asp

Muhammad Hassan's music interrupts her. He's in his ring gear! Khosrow Daivari seconds him, wearing a suit.

She says she wasn't even finished. Khosrow steals the mic forcibly and yells something, motioning for Stacy to leave. Hassan has a wry smile. Khosrow introduces Muhammad Hassan! Hassan gets the mic. "Y'know, I guess that I don't find this as surprising as I find it disgusting. In a country that is a den of lies, in a cesspool of hypocrisy, you put on this facade of holiday cheer and goodwill towards all men. But in reality, America does not wish goodwill towards all men, only those that they see fit to give it to. And right now, especially right now, that does not include my Arab brothers. These are just my personal beliefs, people. These are all indisputable, cold hard facts." A Cornell study shows that half of all Americans believe that all Arab Americans should have their civil liberties limited - the same civil liberties guaranteed to every human being under the US Constitution. LIMITED! And not just because they've done anything wrong, any crimes - simply because they are of Arab descent. This gets big boos. "Don't listen to me, people. You can find out for yourself right now. Go to news.cornell.edu and you can see the truth for yourselves. And the truth is that deep down inside your hearts, every single one of you is prejudiced! And the truth is that deep down, none of you have the guts to admit it to yourselves! And if you people don't open your eyes" - LOUD USA chant, which our audience thinks is supposed to be taunting him - "and if you people DO NOT open your eyes and see what you're doing to my Arab brothers, to me, TO ME, then my new year's resolution will be to personally beat some sense into America!"

At the top of the ramp, Khosrow, in English, says that infidels like JR & King (the good ol' boys) are what's wrong with America, because they preach their prejudiced propaganda to an audience of millions. King says he's heard just enough, and threatens to propaganda their faces with his fist.

Muhammad Hassan barges in to complain about the impersonators who pose as announcers who spew anti-Arab-American propaganda to the TV audience every week. Hassan wants King and JR in a tag match so they can pay for their backwards thinking. Bischoff isn't going in for that, but he offers them a debate. And he says he has to go talk to his special guest. Hassan is sort of apprehensive about the debate (show's at Nassau, though - not in the south), but Khosrow says something and points to his head, indicating that it's probably a devious, smart plan.

Arab-American Debate: Jerry Lawler & Jim Ross vs. Mohammed Hassan & Khosrow Daivari.

I kind of dig Hassan's Enigma-lite music. I'll be happy if Lawler and Ross wind up buried under an Iraqi flag.

First question: Do you feel Arab-Americans have been unfairly persecuted since 9/11?

Hassan (in summary): America is a racist nation. Founded on slavery. People aren't even polite anymore. 9/11 gave Americans an excuse to show their true feelings. [crowd chants U.S.A.] If Mohammed and Khosrow went to Times Square to celebrate New Year's Eve, they would have been searched. Arrogance and Intolerance are why America is the world's most hated nation and why we deserve it.

Lawler: Racism exists everywhere, not just in America. He has no problem with Hassan expressing his anger at being discriminated against. Lawler says he has a problem with Hassan denigrating the troops. People don't hate Hassan because he's an Arab-American, they hate him because he's a loud-mouthed jackass.

Hassan: Most Arab-Americans make him sick because the sit back and take it. [Notices JR shaking his head.] Hassan says it makes JR sick that Hassan is just as American as apple pie and the Oklahoma Sooners. JR talks a tough game behind Hassan's back, but not when they're face-to-face.

HOT TAG TO JR!

Jim Ross: No country is perfect. Love it or - by Gawd- leave it.

That causes Hassan to flip out and take a swipe at JR. Lawler tries to make the save. Daivari jumps on Lawler's back so Hassan can cheapshot him. Hassan chokes Jim Ross out with his belt. Lawler tries to make the save, but he's pretty meek. Hassan and Daivari walk back up the ramp, taunting the crowd. This is SO Mid-South - except they didn't have Jim Duggan running down to make the save.

I'm going to go ahead and give the clear win to Daivari and Hassan here. Ross had to rely on the trite "love it er gyet out!" axiom. Oh, and Ross and Lawler got their asses kicked. That's another mark in Hassan's column. I'm hoping for the same thing to happen in the 2008 Presidential Debate.

LOTR - Return on the King: Extended Edition. Love it, but they did well to cut most of it. That scene with the Judge Death type guy is class. still, the ending remains too long - good thing they didnt go into the sheriff of the Shire crap too.

Jimmy Magee said:
I'm confused...what other versions are there? This one was about 90 mins or so...

that's the extended "film" version

a 55 min version appeared in Kieslowski's Dekalog series - 10 films based on the commandments - all just under a hour long each.

A Short Film About Love was also expanded and released individually

nlgbbbblth said:
a 55 min version appeared in Kieslowski's Dekalog series - 10 films based on the commandments - all just under a hour long each.
Ah right, it might make more sense really as part of a series...must check that out

CEREMONIALDEATH said:
watchin 'problem child'
amazing movie!
the bowtie killer has to be the best bad guy ever
andrew

word on the playground was that it was just a home alone rip-off.
but i knew better. itsa ginger thing

martin beck bit is class.

but Aaltra is better.
AALTRA_6.jpg

that's insane - the two films are nothing alike?! (pc + ha)
sadly michael oliver hasn't really done any movies since. shame.

andrew

CEREMONIALDEATH said:
that's insane - the two films are nothing alike?! (pc + ha)
sadly michael oliver hasn't really done any movies since. shame.

andrew

yeah, but when you're seven years old and two comedies come along both based on mischievous kids...
but then most of my friends couldn't tell the difference between star trek and star wars.

nb - the serial killer from Man Bites Dog has a cameo in Aaltra.
sorry, i'm still laughing at it.

CEREMONIALDEATH said:
would a hitman be considered a 'serial killer' ?

from what i remember he was doing it for kicks as much as for money.
best killing - screaming at the old woman then casually boasting about how he noticed her pills as she slowly collapses.

muertos vivientes! said:
nb - the serial killer from Man Bites Dog has a cameo in Aaltra.
sorry, i'm still laughing at it.
have you seen the short movie they made, "pas de ciel pour daniel daniel"

its a day in the life of a superhero/all round good egg

fucking hilarious

watched La Haine last night, amazing movie. Vincent Cassel is the man

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back