What movie did you watch last night? (8 Viewers)

FancyGoods said:
why? is there some 'in-joke' or 'special secret' you have to know to think its good?

no.

it's just a SHIT FILM

it's a film made almost entirley out of shit

it's a film that is almost exclusivley about shit

well if anyone knows shit, fancy knows shit.

punk rockers + aliens + time travel + being intense + robbing cars + spilling beers + doing speed + shoot outs + soul bands + nsa + conspiracies + roderigeuz brothers + best sound track ever + john wayne was a fag = the best shit

andrew

CEREMONIALDEATH said:
well if anyone knows shit, fancy knows shit.

punk rockers + aliens + time travel + being intense + robbing cars + spilling beers + doing speed + shoot outs + soul bands + nsa + conspiracies + roderigeuz brothers + best sound track ever + john wayne was a fag = the best shit

andrew

you forgot just one thing -

wahpstanton.jpg

the Original Stanto.
best film ever.

CEREMONIALDEATH said:
+ produced by Mike Nesmith of the Monkees using the inheritance of mothers TipEx billions!

andrew

oooh this i did not know.
and just when i thought repo man couldn't get any better -
thanks!

I like repo man.

I watched this last night:

finwiub1.jpg

"The Future Is Not What It Used To Be", Mika Taanila's film about the Finnish electronic music visionary Erkki Kurenniemi was screened as part of the opening events for the 50th Venice Biennale on June 13, 2003. After the screening there was a special tribute concert, featuring Pan sonic, Carl Michael von Hauswolff and Erkki Kurenniemi himself. A DVD entitled "The Dawn of DIMI" contains the documentary, plus Kurenniemi's various short films and animations and concert footage from the early 70s."

really, really enjoyed it too. weird and fantastic in equal measure. well worth a view if you like bleeps and shit. :D

Stan Bowles said:
There's Something About Mary, simply cos I was so tired that I couldn't be arsed with anything else and it was on TV. First time I had seen it since pantone told me that yer man who sings through it is Jonathan Richman, which is kinda cool.
I love this movie...so much to treasure...the interrogation scene...Matt Dillon...not sure about the more obvious gross-out gags tho...

Jimmy Magee said:
I love this movie...so much to treasure...the interrogation scene...Matt Dillon...not sure about the more obvious gross-out gags tho...

Yeah Matt Dillon is easily the best thing about this film in my opinion! Although Cameron Diaz is pretty amazing in it too....

The Transporter. largely appalling, although some good fight scenes - pity about the music/acting/story.

New Wes Anderson film is on the last night of th Jamesons film festival. Got our tickets last night, despite the fact that they felt the need to charge FIFTEEN FUCKING EURO each. Pricks.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0362270/

Wavioli said:
haha I love that film, one of my favourites ever!

Wildcat. Wildcat. pheeeaaauuuuughhhhh. Ok I have to go.

photo_09.jpg

Stan Bowles said:
New Wes Anderson film is on the last night of th Jamesons film festival. Got our tickets last night, despite the fact that they felt the need to charge FIFTEEN FUCKING EURO each. Pricks.

That's cos you had to buy membership for the festival as well the tickets, yeah? I'm going to .. see you there!

hugh said:
That's cos you had to buy membership for the festival as well the tickets, yeah? I'm going to .. see you there!

Yeah we were wondering that, but tickets for the new Woody Allen are only 9 euro. And when I went year before last I think you had to pay the daily membership of 2.50 on the way in.

I could of course have this completely arseways.

nlgbbbblth said:
Watched Mullholland Drive again
No chapters on the DVD - Lynch's insistence I heard

good interpretations of the movie here

http://film.guardian.co.uk/features/featurepages/0,4120,658978,00.html

"The film is clearly an allegory representing Britain's declining public services. Blonde Woman symbolises the welfare state, Brunette Woman is the private sector."
:D

Elephant. the people I watched this with nattered all the way through it. one of my ultimate hates. :mad: ruined the movie for me. that long canteen shot in the middle is amazing. must watch it again.

never heard of alan clark's elephant. wozzit about? it good?

i was dragged to meet the fuckers in el cine last night. the things you do to be sociable eh? anyway, made the best of the situation and got a few larfs out of it. dustin hoffman was pretty good.

watched lost in translation for the first time last night. it was amazing. for once hype is justified. also nice to see a movie that feels truly romantic.

then i watched meet the fockers. it wasnt actually that funny, but was entertaining anyway. dustin definitely steals the show.

Stan Bowles said:

"god i can't believe i willingly gave money for something i deem too expensive, god, i better post about it on the internet"

andrew

CEREMONIALDEATH said:
"god i can't believe i willingly gave money for something i deem too expensive, god, i better post about it on the internet"

andrew

blah blah blah

Users who are viewing this thread

• chris d
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back