What movie did you watch last night? (13 Viewers)

hugh said:
Watched Collateral last night. Total crap. Micheal Mann has to be the most overrated director ever. I dislike all his films. Including Manhunter. Especially Manhunter.
what about that fucker robert zemeckis? he's a bit of a vomit monger. rte seem to be running a saturday series of his "films" at the moment. I've watched some.

so yes, I sit in on saturday nights, alone, watching robert zemeckis movies.. there I've said it! :eek:

hugh said:
Watched Collateral last night. Total crap. Micheal Mann has to be the most overrated director ever. I dislike all his films. Including Manhunter. Especially Manhunter.
god i hate manhunter. bought it on dvd to complete my hannibal lecter collection, watched it once and gave it away. hannibal lecter collection be damned, i couldn't have that dvd in my house a minute longer.

I loved Collateral. Not an amazing movie, but definitely very good. Tom Cruise was surprisingly intense and the violence was kick ass. Made me want to fire a gun in a packed club.

CEREMONIALDEATH said:
yeah i got a lot of stuff like this when m'old video shop was going bust.
and i've still never met a pile of videos in a second hand shop i've never liked.
there's a crazy shop off talbot st - he had this upstairs full of every movie ever. he said he was a collector but i reckon he was just raiding old video shops.
me and my bud got shit like chud and penetentiary long before they were ever dvd'd. he had loads of video nasties too.
anyway, i dunno if the upstairs is still open but downstairs is pretty regular dvd crap

andrew

that shop is cool but I' never bought anything in it
loads of pre-cert (i.e. old) tapes
no prices on anything

he never heard of Sleepaway Camp.

hugh said:

i like manhunter! but that's the only one i like.
collateral was total pish. aesthetics aside, the 'good' guy was acting completely immorally. it's kind of moot, but in 'real life' he'd have been guilty as an accomplice and charged with murder. true fact kids - duress is NO DEFENCE to murder.

gonna get monged and watch blue velvet in a bit cos i'm too broke to drink!
happy days!
it'll be like a flake ad in my brain

andrew

CEREMONIALDEATH said:
gonna get monged and watch blue velvet in a bit cos i'm too broke to drink!
happy days!
it'll be like a flake ad in my brain

andrew

dunno if this is true, but glyn once told me that hopper was actually huffing helium from that mask, but it freaked out test audiences so badly that they went back and dubbed it with his normal voice.

muertos vivientes! said:
i like manhunter! but that's the only one i like.
collateral was total pish. aesthetics aside, the 'good' guy was acting completely immorally. it's kind of moot, but in 'real life' he'd have been guilty as an accomplice and charged with murder.

why, cos he's black? youre sick.

yay and nay...if i recall correct, lynch wanted it to be helium which would just affect his voice, but hopper told lynch all about amyl nitrate, which would mess with his brain for a little while and thus be 'creepier' that he was mentally gawwn whilst raping her or whatever. lynch dug this idea.

andrew

CEREMONIALDEATH said:
yay and nay...if i recall correct, lynch wanted it to be helium which would just affect his voice, but hopper told lynch all about amyl nitrate, which would mess with his brain for a little while and thus be 'creepier' that he was mentally gawwn whilst raping her or whatever. lynch dug this idea.

andrew

wow, you really do know everything :)
thanks!

avernus... shut up

i realised today that i haven't watched the director's cut of alien 3 in ages, and apart from the ending it's great. bed and sigourney here i come. (not in a sexy way.. ugh)

Super Dexta said:
i realised today that i haven't watched the director's cut of alien 3 in ages, and apart from the ending it's great. bed and sigourney here i come. (not in a sexy way.. ugh)

ugh?!
sigourney is a stone fox!

muertos vivientes! said:
ugh?!
sigourney is a stone fox!
nah, even if i was that way inclined i wouldn't. too angry looking. and she's bald in alien3.
michael biehn on the other hand.... hiya!!!!!!!!! can't believe they didn't have him in any ones after aliens. mope.

so this aaaaaaaltra film. are you going to come and see it with me?

Super Dexta said:
nah, even if i was that way inclined i wouldn't. too angry looking. and she's bald in alien3.
michael biehn on the other hand.... hiya!!!!!!!!! can't believe they didn't have him in any ones after aliens. mope.

so this aaaaaaaltra film. are you going to come and see it with me?

ya, if yeah like

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back