What movie did you watch last night? (17 Viewers)

The Ramomes - End of the century. Fucking brilliant. I never realised what an utter cunt Johnny Ramone was.

On at the IFI till the 10th of Feb I think.

movie i watched last night was the "punisher" twas pie followed by "the village" another huge let down also i saw " barberella" thats realy messed up

I watched The Paulbearer - which was surprisingly good. really enjoyable.

then watched The Goonies. so many wonderful memories!

goonies.gif

byron mynx said:
movie i watched last night was the "punisher" twas pie followed by "the village" another huge let down also i saw " barberella" thats realy messed up

Barbarella, not bad in a certain way...
Anyway I just watched this film "The Story of Ricky," apparently a banned-in-the-past Hong-Kong film, fuckin brilliant. Absolute comedy gold, I love shit like this! After I watched it I said "It's like Evil Dead II in a prison" at which point my house-mate informed me the description on the box says "Evil Dead II crossed with Braindead etc.", haha brilliant. Of course if you don't find ridiculous utterly fake-looking gory shit amusing, I'd advise against watching it. And if you don't find a dog being kicked in half amusing, you probably shouldn't watch it either.

- the beyond: super realistic tarantula attack
- the running man: took me a few minutes to work out that i wasn't watching total recall
- pee wee's big adventure: the best movie ever?

andrew

Cormcolash said:
Barbarella, not bad in a certain way...
Anyway I just watched this film "The Story of Ricky," apparently a banned-in-the-past Hong-Kong film, fuckin brilliant. Absolute comedy gold, I love shit like this! After I watched it I said "It's like Evil Dead II in a prison" at which point my house-mate informed me the description on the box says "Evil Dead II crossed with Braindead etc.", haha brilliant. Of course if you don't find ridiculous utterly fake-looking gory shit amusing, I'd advise against watching it. And if you don't find a dog being kicked in half amusing, you probably shouldn't watch it either.
that movie is fucking gold!!!!

picked it up bout 2 years ago off e-bay, fuckin hilarious!

The beyond is fulci's best picture, i way prefer it to Zombie flesh eaters

Saturday: "Assault on Precinct 13" - The remake. It's deadly. Thank God they didn't fuck it up.
Yesterday: "Metallica: Some Kind of Monster" - This just wasn't all that interesting. Maybe it would have been more interesting if they'd actually bothered pursuing ANY of the many decent stories going on. Suckers.

is it? I have been a bit uuuughhh about it.

Last night we watched crumb, saturday saw the ramones fillim in the IFI. Tonigt I think I shall watch escape from LA. Oh yes.

THRILLHO said:
Saturday: "Assault on Precinct 13" - The remake. It's deadly. Thank God they didn't fuck it up.
Yesterday: "Metallica: Some Kind of Monster" - This just wasn't all that interesting. Maybe it would have been more interesting if they'd actually bothered pursuing ANY of the many decent stories going on. Suckers.

kirstie said:
is it? I have been a bit uuuughhh about it.
Yeah, there was loads going on around the side (like the Napster stuff, the bassist leaving stuff, the mad shouting stuff) but they kept ignoring these and giving us a load of "this is our human side" bullshit. Worst part came when you see Lars Ulrich, already a thoroughly loathesome human being, getting drunk and making a ton of money off selling his paintings.

kirstie said:
Last night we watched crumb, saturday saw the ramones fillim in the IFI. Tonigt I think I shall watch escape from LA. Oh yes.
What was the Ramones thing like? Thinking of heading up to see that sometime this week.

it's good, really enjoyable. Johnny Ramone is a complete robotic cunt though - no compassion, no visible emotion. It's on till the 10th, I think.

CEREMONIALDEATH said:
- the running man: took me a few minutes to work out that i wasn't watching total recall

kick ass movie! such excessive violence.

I watched The Village last night - very good, although I thought it was pushing toward a better film...but it was still great. at the end though, I felt slightly robbed of the Joaquin Phoenix character. he was so cool.

not a patch on total recall in terms of violence though
i dunno why i thought i was watching TR. i don't even own it.
oh wiat, i know exactly why i 'thought'. mo'ron.

andrew

avernus said:
kick ass movie! such excessive violence.

I watched The Village last night - very good, although I thought it was pushing toward a better film...but it was still great. at the end though, I felt slightly robbed of the Joaquin Phoenix character. he was so cool.

I fuckin looove the Running Man. It has the best a great soundtrack and loads of amazing lines. Any film that has Arnie saying "Well I hope you left enough room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into your stomach, and break your god-damn spppiiinnneeee" is always going to be good.
And any film that has Arnie, Yaphet Kotto, and Jesse Ventura in it is always going to be amazing. Some of the banter between Arnie and Kotto is class:
"Who was acting?"
"You're still alive aren't you?"

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back