What movie did you watch last night? (5 Viewers)

plug said:
and while we're on the subject, whatever happened to ocean's 1 thru 10?

The Madness of King George was originally titled The Madness of King George III, but some studio types thought this might make people think it was a sequel.

i love ryan's daughter

watched All Night Long last night, japanese movie in the vein of Irreversible, though not nearly as effective. still very good though.

Alan Remorse said:
i love ryan's daughter

watched All Night Long last night, japanese movie in the vein of Irreversible, though not nearly as effective. still very good though.
alan, you live in cork right? where do you get all these movies? is there actually a decent video shop hidden away in somewhere in cork that I don't know about? because all the ones I know are shit!!!

back onto the subject of what I watched last night.. outfoxed. saw a tweeny bit on the box after new year and I managed to pick it up cheap on the net. very interesting indeed.

plug said:
alan, you live in cork right? where do you get all these movies? is there actually a decent video shop hidden away in somewhere in cork that I don't know about? because all the ones I know are shit!!!

back onto the subject of what I watched last night.. outfoxed. saw a tweeny bit on the box after new year and I managed to pick it up cheap on the net. very interesting indeed.
i get most of my movies off the net!

vibes and scribes is deadly for movies, if a little pricey.. they have really good stuff though

Alan Remorse said:
i get most of my movies off the net!

vibes and scribes is deadly for movies, if a little pricey.. they have really good stuff though
aha.. I thought you were renting some of these great titles. yeah I live just up the road from vibes (tha nortsoide like .|..| ) , it's cool that they've started up a rentable arthouse section, but it closes at half six EVERY DAY. cork is pretty shit for renting videos really..

the best video shop in the country, by the way, is shantalla movies in galway. awesome spot. it's the one thing I miss about galway. oh and ALL my friends of course ;)

ratmonkey said:
The Madness of King George was originally titled The Madness of King George III, but some studio types thought this might make people think it was a sequel.
The movie is based on a play by Alan Bennett called "The Madness of George III". The popular story in the UK is that the movie's title is different from that of the play because it was thought the American audience might mistake it for a sequel. While not wholly true, director Nicholas Hytner has confirmed that it was "not wholly untrue" and it is now widely held that this almost certainly did play a part in the titling of the film. In the UK it would be obvious to anyone that "George III" referred to King George III, but it was felt that elsewhere this might not be so clear and that adding "King" to the title might help. While this explains part of the title change, it glosses over the dropping of the "III", adding renewed weight to the original theory.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110428/trivia

ratmonkey said:
Was no one watching Out for Justice on Tuesday? The TV in the Long Valley was turned on especially for it.

yeah! tg4 being the dogs that they are seem to showing a bit of a steven seagal season. thats the third or fourth turesday in a row i've witnessed the man himself kicking the shit out of everyone and not even breaking a sweat.

ratmonkey said:
Was no one watching Out for Justice on Tuesday? The TV in the Long Valley was turned on especially for it.
nice toasties. bar staff can be a tad cuntish dontcha think?

seanface said:
yeah! tg4 being the dogs that they are seem to showing a bit of a steven seagal season. thats the third or fourth turesday in a row i've witnessed the man himself kicking the shit out of everyone and not even breaking a sweat.
yeah, I was flicking around a few weeks ago and I happened across a movie featuring a rather young/skinny seagal which was very amusing for some reason..

I watched this last night for the billionth time:
badtasteCD.JPG

best movie ever? very likely. THEN when that was over, I flicked on the tv and blazing saddles was on. result!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back