What movie did you watch last night? (6 Viewers)

tonight we had

:D joey, episode 15 - funniest yet
:eek: lost, episode 14 - deadly
:mad: team america - big let down. big big let down.
!zed closer - don't these people ever shut up? good performances and stuff, but for fucks sake do they have to talk so much. filthy language in it though.

pete said:
tonight we had

joey, episode 15 - funniest yet
lost, episode 14 - deadly
team america - big let down. big big let down.
closer - don't these people ever shut up? good performances and stuff, but for fucks sake do they have to talk so much. filthy language in it though.

Aye, but I mean, Mohammed Ali?

saw the rocks film, standing tall. shite. obviously i was expecting a big dumb action/comedy type film. what i saw was a piss-poor attempt at a film lenght a-team episode. johnny knoxville is not as mental/funny as mudock, the rock is not mr.t or hannibal.

ratmonkey said:
Is that the one with the scene where some lad is walking down a corridor with the ghost of the other feen who got shot earlier in the film?
yep thats the one. sweet.

so anyway, to complete the thumped/straw dogs cycle i watched straw dogs again last night...

i enjoyed it much more this time around. still have problems with that rape scene though.

then i watched Audition. brilliant stuff.

think i'll watch naked lunch tonight.

Went to see Team America tonight. Thought it was aces!!! a lot funnier than i was expecting. The music is a definate highlight. That and "You had me at dick fuck assholes".

Watched Fire Walk With Me last night.Forgot how freaky bits of it are! Yr man bob hiding in beside the closet is one of the scariest things ever (in a weird way). Can't wait for season 2 on DVD!

The bit in Raw Deal when Arnie sticks "Can't get no satisfaction" on the radio and then drives round the gravel pit shooting people is one of my favourite Arnie moments ever.

I watched Near Dark last night, Bill Paxton and Lance Henrikson as vampires, fuckin hilarious. But then we all know that any film featuring both of those actors is automatically amazing don't we?
Then I watched Freddy got Fingered, not a particularly good film, but Rip Torn is fucking incredible in it!

Alan Remorse said:
so anyway, to complete the thumped/straw dogs cycle i watched straw dogs again last night...

i enjoyed it much more this time around. still have problems with that rape scene though.

that scene is dodgy since it insinuates that the woman may be enjoying it. problem is with rape scenes in films, due to editing and cutting, it ends up appearing more like almost-conceptual s/m. very dodgy. gaspar noe, the french director of "Irreversible", was motivated by straw dogs in particular to depict rape as the truely horrible thing it is.

then i watched Audition. brilliant stuff.

that is a wonderful film. lulls you into a false sense of bordom and then everything goes completely haywire.

think i'll watch naked lunch tonight.

a completely unfilmable book made into a film. not a patch on the book. its excessively toned down and even has a strange sense of homophobia in it.

ah, watched Big Lebowski on saturday, enjoyed it but was somewhat distracted by having to indulge my ill health in major league coughing fits every 20 min or so.

watched Hero on sunday. gorgeous to look at, although they must have blown half the budget on wind machines. and ALL the characters were saturnine and inscrutable. great movie, mind, very manga/animé-stylee.

lmd64 said:
ah, watched Big Lebowski on saturday, enjoyed it but was somewhat distracted by having to indulge my ill health in major league coughing fits every 20 min or so.

watched Hero on sunday. gorgeous to look at, although they must have blown half the budget on wind machines. and ALL the characters were saturnine and inscrutable. great movie, mind, very manga/animé-stylee.

Big Labowski=genius

Hero=Ridiculous tosh. Couldnt stop laughing at the serious bits in it, I mean cmon, they must have had to do loads of retakes from people bursting out laughing on set, it was soooo over the top pretentious(sp?)

that president movie with michael douglas and annette beneinggn, good weepy

simply irrestible with buffy and young indiana jones. literally the stupidest romantic comedy i've ever seen.

has anyone seen boondock saints, starring young indiana jones. that movie is awsum

Goff said:
People are supposed to talk. Relationships are supposed to be about communication.

Cunts.

Anyway, who'd want to see if after they cut out natalie portman's minge, painful as it sounds. Not that it'd be a big selling point personally, but the fact that it WAS there and now isn't is a load of old cock.

Or something.

Goff said:
People are supposed to talk. Relationships are supposed to be about communication.

Cunts.
While watching Closer, I was continually reminded of how Douglas Adams once wrote about how a writer leaves out the minutiae of everyday life for fear of boring the reader. Well that's what this film is like, except they're not talking about brushing their teeth, they're talking about ridin.

Incidentally:
At the beginning of filming, Natalie Portman gave Julia Roberts a necklace that said "cunt" in honor of their characters' foul mouths. At the end of filming, Julia Roberts gave Natalie Portman a necklace that said "lil' cunt".

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back