What movie did you watch last night? (11 Viewers)

Anthony said:
I watched What Lies Beneath on de tele and renewed my fondness for yer wan. phew!
saw a bit of that, then went to bed
after going to see white noise in the cinema and being duly unimpressed by it, and confused by the ending

i've just got the 2-disc version with limited edition 3d packaging of the director's cut of donnie darko, it was on sale on play.com and it was on the hall table when i got in from college, so i am going to disappear to my room with it all evening.
now i have two versions of donnie darko on dvd. and shortly i will have two versions of straw dogs as well, so if anyone wants my prism version of the latter (just the film, no extras) pee em me. i'm keeping the prism version of donnie darko though. want to have the first version and the director's cut.

watched Bankok Dangerous last night.

was completely blown away by it, one of the best movies i've seen in a very long time. it had everything: it was a thriller, a love story, a revenge movie... anyone who likes eastern cinema should buy this movie immediately.

they're doing the original 1-disc version of donnie darko in vergin for 3.99 at the mo'. which is great, just great, cos i bought it recently for 5.99 in HMV, hadn't got around to watching it yet, so i could have bloody saved myself 2 euro. two whole euro! what i couldn't do with two whole euro...

Alan Remorse said:

was completely blown away by it, one of the best movies i've seen in a very long time. it had everything: it was a thriller, a love story, a revenge movie... anyone who likes eastern cinema should buy this movie immediately.

Is that the one with the scene where some lad is walking down a corridor with the ghost of the other feen who got shot earlier in the film?

Why had donie darko been mega cheap ever since it came out. I have never seen it on sale for more than €9. It's like every Depeche Mode album, within 3 weeks they are on sale everywhere for half price.

Watched a bit of Instinct last night, got bored and went to bed half way through.

There's some good stuff on tv tonight though.
Ghostbusters, Pitch Black, The Addiction and Barbarella on the normal telly. Halloween 4 and 5 on the sci-fi on the digital.

Anthony said:
Why had donie darko been mega cheap ever since it came out. I have never seen it on sale for more than €9. It's like every Depeche Mode album, within 3 weeks they are on sale everywhere for half price.
the prism version is. the proper version isn't. prism versions are always cheap. speaking of, i guess no-one wants a straw dogs dvd then?

Anthony said:
what's a prism version?
prism appear to be some company that do cheap dvds with no extras - that's how i got donnie darko, straw dogs, shivers and rabid for under 20 quid altogether. they usually exist alongside a nice fancy version though. donnie darko and straw dogs do anyway. oooohhh, double-disc versions, they make me excited

Alan Remorse said:

Saw it in the cinema years ago, brilliant! John Woo should take note.

Users who are viewing this thread

• N
Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back